Tyus Jones one of 24 named to 2011-12 USA Developmental National Team

if Tubby is still around, does anyone think there is a chance he plays for the Gophers?

I think that there is a good shot he plays for the Gophers if Tubby is here. I've heard from someone in Apple Valley's program that he is watching Tyus a lot. He was at the Lakeville North vs. Apple Valley game when Tyus first came back from from his kidney injury. I've heard it won't be from lack of effort from Tubby if he doesn't attend the U. I didn't see him in the section final when Valley lost to Lakeville South, but it was pretty packed at St. Olaf, so he could have been there. Soul was there along with Fred Hoiberg at the section semifinal.

On a side note, I'm kind of surprised that South lost to Eden Prairie yesterday. I guess they couldn't overcome a slow start (and bad officiating). South had an excellent team with two very good big men who will both play pretty good college basketball in Richter and Christianson. As a high school player, Richter was really good. South lost two very close games to Hopkins and Johnson at the beginning of the year where Richter scored over 30 points. Last week against Apple Valley he had 31 and yesterday he had 33.

I didn't see him in the section final when Valley lost to Lakeville South, but it was pretty packed at St. Olaf, so he could have been there. Soul was there along with Fred Hoiberg at the section semifinal..

Saul was at the one game Vince Taylor was there when they played South.

Richter should be a solid D1 player.

Jones will probably have his pick of where he plays college ball. Hopefully though, the Gophers can get him. This is exactly the type of talent the program needs to take home a Big 10 title, with OSU reloading on 5-star recruits year after year.

Top Bottom