Tyus Jones on ESPN

stevenmgr

Reaction score
I was just told that Apple Valley will be playing against Jahlil Okafor which will air on ESPN in December at Apple Valley High School. ESPN was in town in June looking over the gym at Apple Valley High School.

Maybe he and Jahlil will do a 15-minute post-game special called "The Other Decision."

I was just told that Apple Valley will be playing against Jahlil Okafor which will air on ESPN in December at Apple Valley High School. ESPN was in town in June looking over the gym at Apple Valley High School.

Thanks, steven. Keep us filled in and updated on such an event that would draw a lot of interest.

Just saw that it looks like we can check out some Gopher prospects as the Howard Pulley team will be on ESPNU tomorrow night.

Ryan James‏@RyanJamesMN22 Jul
Hey Minnesota! Wednesday (7/24) at 7 PM CT Howard Pulley will be playing BABC on ESPNU
Ryan James‏@RyanJamesMN22 Jul
Oops, Pulley plays at 6 central, 7 eastern I was told. Just check your espnU wednesday listings

There are very few schools in the country that Tyus Jones WOULDN'T start on as a freshman, but Duke is one of them. Quinn Cook is one of those guys that's likely to be there 4 years, and I don't see him being displaced by a freshman when he's a senior. Even Tyus. Then they'll have Grayson Allen at SG (or Sulaimon if he stays) and probably Hood and/or Parker on the wing.

Duke's the perfect place for Okafor to go as a freshman because they desparately need inside guys, but it doesn't seem ideal for Tyus. It'll be interesting to see if this "package deal" sticks.

There are very few schools in the country that Tyus Jones WOULDN'T start on as a freshman, but Duke is one of them. Quinn Cook is one of those guys that's likely to be there 4 years, and I don't see him being displaced by a freshman when he's a senior. Even Tyus. Then they'll have Grayson Allen at SG (or Sulaimon if he stays) and probably Hood and/or Parker on the wing.

Duke's the perfect place for Okafor to go as a freshman because they desparately need inside guys, but it doesn't seem ideal for Tyus. It'll be interesting to see if this "package deal" sticks.

With respect to your comments in advance.
1) Tyus will start over Quinn Cook at Duke freshman year. He's the #1 PG...
2) Suliamon will be in the NBA
3) Grayson Allen is a SG only. He won't affect Tyus' minutes.
4) The Package Deal will stick.

Could see Duke starting Cook and Tyus. I believe they played Kyrie and Nolan Smith together when healthy.

I think the two end up at Kansas.

I think there's a fair chance on #2, and you may end up being right on #4 but I don't think it's a fait accompli just yet. They want to play together, and clearly Duke might be best for Okafor, but Tyus has indicated he's taking all 5 visits and when it comes down to decision time, Tyus has to do what's best for his own future.

If Cook has a good year but stays at Duke his sr year (which I think is likely) I don't think anyone replaces him in the starting lineup, including Tyus. You're talking about someone who would be a 3-yr starter and the leader of the team. As for Cook and Tyus starting together, I don't know ... they're both PG's, not combo guards, and Duke will have plenty of "real" SG options including Allen and possibly Sulaimon. Tyus is best with the ball in his hands. Although MSU and OSU both seem out of it now, I imagine part of the appeal of both was that their PG's are graduating and Tyus could take the reins from day one, with talent surrounding him.

Bill Self always has a shot. With these two he has good chance. Coach Self is a very genuine person with tremendous teaching skills and sells Kansas in a way that just feels right to so many.Out of all the blue blood programs he and coach K resonate better then anyone

Bill Self always has a shot. With these two he has good chance. Coach Self is a very genuine person with tremendous teaching skills and sells Kansas in a way that just feels right to so many.Out of all the blue blood programs he and coach K resonate better then anyone
Tell that to his wife :)

Top Bottom