Typical Maturi BS tonight on the WCCO/Lear

field show. I cannot believe no one else heard this garbage, then again who listens to WCCO?

Maturi does not get it, on many levels and he needs to go or be benched before he can F this one up.. Constant inconsistantcy, shifting and dithering abound!

The highlights:

-After talking about being openminded yesterday, tonight he went on about a strong preference for the "Wisconsin" model. Because it is so much colder in Minnesota in October than in Oregon and Michigan (or NE where Tom Brady runs a spread in the snow in January) so a presumable Leach TT offense will not be able to operate much less recruit. Sure Joel.

-Talked about the need to hire a coach who would fit into the all important Maturi Athletic Dept. culture. After all, it is all about our over the hill 66 year old AD, not the betterment of the Football team. This is not about Joel Maturi and his precious culture he is so proud of.

The beyond pathetic example cited was how great Timmy Brewster was because he gladly suffered through Joel Maturi's worthless weekly staff meetings with the Women's diving coach and others. I about crashed my car when I heard him talk about the importance of a new coach playing this game by Joel's stupid rules.

Are you kidding me, it is important that the new coach be willing to submit to these meetings and bow down to Maturi and attend like the Rowing Coach does?

Maturi seemed very proud of this aspect of the department. Please spare us. Do you think Urban Meyer or Nick Saban attend weekly staff meetings with the Lacrosse and Rowing coaches unless they really are into that sort of thing?

This guy does not get it and better be a note taker and messenger boy at best in this process. I think much of his self described role in this is wishful thinking and window dressing.

He is way out of touch and needs carefully managed by someone higher up with a less simplistic view of things.

Talk about getting it. You sure don't

Talk about getting it. You sure don't

Ah, Gopherjay, one of the Brewster long time Brewster apologists, has crawled out from under his rock, to take yet another cheap shot at someone who doesn't swill the Kool Aid.

This time it is Maturi Kool Aid.

I most certainly do get it, and have "gotten" it for the last few years. You were wrong three years, two years ago, and last year. GopherJay is once again on the wrong side of reality!

Football and Basketball are what matters, and hiring power coaches, giving them resources, then getting out of their way is how you win.

Maturi does not understand this at all, and you certainly do not.

Top Bottom