Tyler Stolsky, PWO - Commits

MennoSota

Reaction score
"As far as goals during my time as a Gopher go, my biggest goal is to win a national championship at Minnesota. I want to beat Wisconsin every single year and I also want to develop into the best linebacker I can be. I also want fans to know how excited I am to be a Gopher as it’s always been a dream of mine and I’m willing to give everything I have to the University.

"I ended up choosing Minnesota over scholarship offers because it was always my dream school growing up," 2022 Michigan linebacker Tyler Stolsky said about his Gophers commitment as a preferred walk-on. "Also the energy at games is unlike any other I’ve been too. I also know how much it would mean to my grandparents to see me in a Gopher uniform which means the world to me. My mom and dad have Minnesota connections, and my grandpa played there too. The fact that head coach PJ Fleck took time before the game to talk to me and offer me was extremely special to me. No other coach had ever done that so that’s how I knew the culture at Minnesota was different and this was the place for me."

"Minnesota said they wanted to offer me a preferred walk-on as they said they loved my size and my physicality. They also said they love how I don’t ever give up on a play and will come from the other side of the field to make a tackle," Stolsky explained. "Director of Recruiting John Schaekel is the one that helped us the most throughout the process with Minnesota and so he was the coach I called to commit. He was super excited when I told him."

Stolsky is ready to make an impact while at Minnesota.

"As far as goals during my time as a Gopher go, my biggest goal is to win a national championship at Minnesota. I want to beat Wisconsin every single year and I also want to develop into the best linebacker I can be. I also want fans to know how excited I am to be a Gopher as it’s always been a dream of mine and I’m willing to give everything I have to the University. I’m also super pumped to buy into Coach Fleck's coaching style. I’m just extremely grateful and honored to be a Gopher!"

"As far as goals during my time as a Gopher go, my biggest goal is to win a national championship at Minnesota. I want to beat Wisconsin every single year and I also want to develop into the best linebacker I can be. I also want fans to know how excited I am to be a Gopher as it’s always been a dream of mine and I’m willing to give everything I have to the University.

I like this kid already!

You really do have to love an attitude like that, as well as the fact that he is ALL about playing for the Gophers. Turned down a PWO offer from Michigan and 12 D-1 scholarship offers including offers from Army, Navy, and Air Force, so you know he's got to be one heck of a student who's also likely to possess some serious leadership potential.

Great stuff. Happy to have you, Tyler!

"I ended up choosing Minnesota over scholarship offers because it was always my dream school growing up," 2022 Michigan linebacker Tyler Stolsky said about his Gophers commitment as a preferred walk-on. "Also the energy at games is unlike any other I’ve been too. I also know how much it would mean to my grandparents to see me in a Gopher uniform which means the world to me. My mom and dad have Minnesota connections, and my grandpa played there too. The fact that head coach PJ Fleck took time before the game to talk to me and offer me was extremely special to me. No other coach had ever done that so that’s how I knew the culture at Minnesota was different and this was the place for me."

"Minnesota said they wanted to offer me a preferred walk-on as they said they loved my size and my physicality. They also said they love how I don’t ever give up on a play and will come from the other side of the field to make a tackle," Stolsky explained. "Director of Recruiting John Schaekel is the one that helped us the most throughout the process with Minnesota and so he was the coach I called to commit. He was super excited when I told him."

Stolsky is ready to make an impact while at Minnesota.

"As far as goals during my time as a Gopher go, my biggest goal is to win a national championship at Minnesota. I want to beat Wisconsin every single year and I also want to develop into the best linebacker I can be. I also want fans to know how excited I am to be a Gopher as it’s always been a dream of mine and I’m willing to give everything I have to the University. I’m also super pumped to buy into Coach Fleck's coaching style. I’m just extremely grateful and honored to be a Gopher!"
This.

You really do have to love an attitude like that, as well as the fact that he is ALL about playing for the Gophers. Turned down a PWO offer from Michigan and 12 D-1 scholarship offers including offers from Army, Navy, and Air Force, so you know he's got to be one heck of a student who's also likely to possess some serious leadership potential.

Great stuff. Happy to have you, Tyler!
I only see six D1 offers, no Navy offer, and no Michigan interest in his 247 profile. Where are you getting your information?

Great attitude Tyler! Bearing Wisconsin, Iowa and winning the BT West are within reach. Maybe even a BT Championship but a national championship probably not.

Awesome to see a Michigan-raised kid speak of Minnesota this way.
Both his parents were from MN. I knew his moms family really well. His grandpa was on the last Rose bowl team in 62 and lifelong SE MN dairy farmer before passing in mid 2000s.

This kid was defensive POY in his class for the state of MI. He is a multi sport athlete who had multiple IVY and Patriot league offers.

I feel like this kid is an absolute steal as a PWO.

Both his parents were from MN. I knew his moms family really well. His grandpa was on the last Rose bowl team in 62 and lifelong SE MN dairy farmer before passing in mid 2000s.

This kid was defensive POY in his class for the state of MI. He is a multi sport athlete who had multiple IVY and Patriot league offers.

Who knows? Similar to the profile of Leighton Vander Esch coming out of high school (minus the 8 man football part). Wouldn't that be sweet if we got a diamond in the rough here?

I'm really excited to see him play.

just out of curiosity, where in SE MN? (I have a lot of relatives in that part of the state...)

Top Bottom