Tyler Brown decommits?

Not elite. I assume Fleck pulls offers to decommits right?

2 decommits in 1 day? I never saw that before.
Maybe something that came from the recruiting the coaches were able to do on the bye week.

Will be interesting to see if these spots get filled by new players or if they are left open for potential transfers.

Not elite. I assume Fleck pulls offers to decommits right?
not always, we had 4 star WR that decommited they brought to practice this summer trying to get him back in the fold

My understanding, its this is only per twitter/message boards, PJ stops considering a commit committed if he takes other visits and his spot is no longer guaranteed

lol....so your premise is these guys looked at that Purdue game and said....nope not going to play at Minnesota since they lost to Purdue.

No flaws in that line of thinking.....seems rock solid as usual.

Hoping that P.J. has somebody lined-up. Though looking at how the Gophers emphasize running way over passing, can understand how a good High School receiver could want to go elsewhere.

Hoping that P.J. has somebody lined-up. Though looking at how the Gophers emphasize running way over passing, can understand how a good High School receiver could want to go elsewhere.
Generally these "de-commits" stem from the recruit realizing they won't get playing time. That, or they had a fantastic year and had blue bloods calling. My guess is that both of these guys that decommited today found out they won't play here much right away and somewhere else might give them that opportunity. Just a guess...

Generally these "de-commits" stem from the recruit realizing they won't get playing time. That, or they had a fantastic year and had blue bloods calling. My guess is that both of these guys that decommited today found out they won't play here much right away and somewhere else might give them that opportunity. Just a guess...

Yep, even if you are a starter you may not get a lot of looks. If you're down the depth chart here you may not get any, it seems like an easy decision. And if you're a recruiter from a school that emphasizes the Passing Game you gotta be mentioning that all the time.

in today's world, you always have to wonder about NIL. did another school make this kid an offer he can't refuse?

in today's world, you always have to wonder about NIL. did another school make this kid an offer he can't refuse?
Or did pj hit the recruiting trail in the bye week and find a better option?

Last edited:

Yep, could be. A coach’s recruiting prowess going forward might expand to convincing big fish fans to donate to players and recruits and NIL entities instead or in addition to of the school or department, all above board of course. The department is flush, but NIL coffers?

Looked at his Twitter, looks like he decommitted after he receive an offer from VTech. He’ll continue to get offers now that he’s rocking his senior season.

Sounds like distance from home became too much of a concern for him

I love how guys always say "God's Plan" or "Gods (sic) Timing" for a simple Earthly decision they made themselves. It's a way of deflecting their own responsibility on to a holy-sounding abstraction.

Tear your knee up? Get traded to the Jets? Possibly "God's Plan". Deciding to go to Virginia Tech or eat strawberry ice cream for dinner tonight? Not "God's Plan".

I love how guys always say "God's Plan" or "Gods (sic) Timing" for a simple Earthly decision they made themselves. It's a way of deflecting their own responsibility on to a holy-sounding abstraction.

Tear your knee up? Get traded to the Jets? Possibly "God's Plan". Deciding to go to Virginia Tech or eat strawberry ice cream for dinner tonight? Not "God's Plan".
Ha! Good point.
My wife: why did you stay out so late with your friends?
Me: God’s plan

Just noticed Brown ended up with a Clemson offer and committed there.
Wow. First of all, congrats to that kid -- must be a dream come true for a SC kid. Second, nice job by PJ and staff to ID and get him to commit in the first place. Stinks to lose him, but they've done a decent job in the past of hanging on to kids like Bateman, Smith, and now Taylor who blew up and had helmet schools making a big push late.

I was surprised, didn’t strike me as particularly special on the film I saw.

Just noticed Brown ended up with a Clemson offer and committed there.

According to 247, Clemson has a gigantic roster of receivers including several rated higher than him. I'm guessing being closer to home was important. You can't argue that.

Top Bottom