Two straight years where Big Ten shutout in CFP semifinals

Stan

Reaction score
Bad bowl record this year, embarrassing back to back years in CFP semifinals. Not good for the conference. That being said, I hope Fleck destroys wisconsin.

Yeah that's crazy. Can't say I'm sorry to see Urban Meyer get squashed though. Could be their last run for a while, I think Michigan will have their number next year. Khaki's is a better coach.

Thought I heard last night Michigan loses 18 starters not including early draft entries. That's a huge number. Likely all 11 starters on defense will be new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17-12(-10 players). Don't blame us.

A weak big ten is fine for Minnesota.

This year's B1G Bowl record is currently 2-6 with the wins being Northwestern and us. Who would have thought this?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

Yeah that's crazy. Can't say I'm sorry to see Urban Meyer get squashed though. Could be their last run for a while, I think Michigan will have their number next year. Khaki's is a better coach.

Harbaugh is a better coach than Meyer? Based on what?

Doubt it will be the last run for them they lost everyone from last year and were pretty young this year. Not to mention I hear they recruit pretty well down in Columbus.

Two straight years Clemson and Alabama are the best teams in the country. I don't think it would have mattered who played either of them today.

Nah the refs will continue to screw Michigan which is fine by me. F that khaki wearing prick.

next year it's PJ Fleck and the Gophers in the semi's!

I'll take osu to be back next year pending what happens with early entries on defense

I'll take osu to be back next year pending what happens with early entries on defense

Yeah, OSU was the youngest team in the Big 10 last year. They will be pretty darn good next season (I think Michigan is the one that drops a little).

Felt bad for Sparty, but seeing urban meyer get his clock cleaned was delightful

Well, it's the same two teams as last year, so I guess only the SEC and the ACC will have teams in the finals.

Opinion, that's what we do on this board.

Generally there's some level of factual basis to an opinion. Meyer is so vastly accomplished compared to Harbaugh that the opinion is nonsensical.

Generally there's some level of factual basis to an opinion. Meyer is so vastly accomplished conpared to Harbaugh that the opinion is nonsensical.

Would Meyer have turned Stanford around as well or as quickly as Harbaugh did? Didn't Harbaugh coach a team to the Super Bowl? Didn't Harbaugh immediately make Michigan relevant again?

Generally there's some level of factual basis to an opinion. Meyer is so vastly accomplished conpared to Harbaugh that the opinion is nonsensical.

Father was 40 year college coach. Accomplished college QB, 15 years as pro QB, 14 years as college coach (12 as HC). Turned around every team where he's been HC, including in NFL.

Did I miss anything?

Would Meyer have turned Stanford around as well or as quickly as Harbaugh did? Didn't Harbaugh coach a team to the Super Bowl? Didn't Harbaugh immediately make Michigan relevant again?

Meyer has never had a losing season, led Utah of all places to an undefeated season, has 3 national titles, and has 2 conference losses (one of which was a total fluke) in 6 seasons at OSU. I mean, Harbaugh's a fine coach and everything, but he's not even close to Meyer's level. Lovie Smith coached a team to a Super Bowl as well. Is he a better coach than Meyer?

Meyer has never had a losing season, led Utah of all places to an undefeated season, has 3 national titles, and has 2 conference losses (one of which was a total fluke) in 6 seasons at OSU. I mean, Harbaugh's a fine coach and everything, but he's not even close to Meyer's level. Lovie Smith coached a team to a Super Bowl as well. Is he a better coach than Meyer?

You said nonsensical...as in preposterous to even make the comparison. Not even close?

I'm not saying Harbaugh is better but it's not a non-sensical opinion to think otherwise. I think Harbaugh is one of the elite coaches on both levels.

It's Harbaugh, Meyer, and Saban in a world of their own. Sweeney is making a play.

Oh yeah, and Iowa lost the Rose bowl 45-16 last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You said nonsensical...as in preposterous to even make the comparison. Not even close?

What measure do you want to use? National titles? Conference titles? Wins? Winning percentage? Head-to-head? Meyer smokes him in all. No, not even close. Do you realize that Harbaugh has as many FBS conference titles as Tracy Claeys?

What measure do you want to use? National titles? Conference titles? Wins? Winning percentage? Head-to-head? Meyer smokes him in all. No, not even close. Do you realize that Harbaugh has as many FBS conference titles as Tracy Claeys?

Khakis only recently got to a helmet school recruiting wise. Meyer has been at one for a long time. They both are great coaches with great accomplishments in football. I said I thought Harbaugh will get them next year as it's in Michigan. Will be interesting to see how they do against each other. I don't care for Meyer's arrogance nor his playing style (can't argue with results though). If I had to pick one to coach gophers, I'd take Harbaugh in a heartbeat.

Khakis only recently got to a helmet school recruiting wise. Meyer has been at one for a long time. They both are great coaches with great accomplishments in football. I said I thought Harbaugh will get them next year as it's in Michigan. Will be interesting to see how they do against each other. I don't care for Meyer's arrogance nor his playing style (can't argue with results though). If I had to pick one to coach gophers, I'd take Harbaugh in a heartbeat.

Which one you prefer is a different discussion than which one is better. The fact that Meyer has been at helmet schools so long is another factor that supports his vastly superior resume. You're outright stating that you're basing your decision on superfifical factors. Harbaugh can't even win a conference title at Michigan. What would he do at Minnesota?

Which one you prefer is a different discussion than which one is better. The fact that Meyer has been at helmet schools so long is another factor that supports his vastly superior resume. Harbaugh can't even win a conference title at Michigan. What would he do at Minnesota?

Although which one I prefer would lead straight to my opinion of which is better. I'm not faulting anyone that thinks Meyer had better empirical numbers. He does. That doesn't mean he's a better coach. And I think we can all agree that they are in fairly comparable programs now, so if they both stay for ten years, we can do some comparing.

Michigan started 18 seniors in the bowl game. Their #2's were all 3/4 star recruits. Sad. Just think if TC had those recruits and a decent S and C program. Sky's the limit.

Michigan started 18 seniors in the bowl game. Their #2's were all 3/4 star recruits. Sad. Just think if TC had those recruits and a decent S and C program. Sky's the limit.

Hmmm. Mich was #2 in total defense in the nation. I'm a TC fan, but what exactly are you saying here?

Top Bottom