Two great things on Saturday: Decker and Thomas Town

year of the gopher

Section 117, Row 4
Reaction score
Among all the moaning over a narrow win against a weaker opponent, I'll share a couple positives. Two great things happened to my 4-year old before Saturday's game:

We went to the victory walk for the first time since the opener. It was a thinner crowd which allowed us to stand up front. As Brew led the walk, Decker was right next to him on his crutches. He was hobbling along not interacting all that much but when he saw my son decked out in maroon and gold, he pivoted over on his crutches and stopped to give him a high five. A small act that really made the day of a kid who pretends to be Eric Decker in the backyard when we play catch.

We then wandered over to the stadium area and got flagged down by a member of the Jay Thomas family who insisted that my little boy get a practice jersey. It's very cool what Thomas Town has done over the years and they certainly went out with a bang on Saturday, making a real impression on my 4-year old who absolutely loves his new jersey. I hope the Thomas family stays involved in some way going forward.

Would a couple more wins have made this season more enjoyable for all of us? No question. But these two small acts mean a lot to a little kid who knew the words to the rouser before he was 2 and make it all worth the occasional frustrating loss for me.

I have been very impressed with the high number of quality players in this Senior class.

It felt for a dozen or so Seniors led by Campbell who choose to ring the stadium and thank the very few remaining fans after the game. I wish I could have made it down from the second deck. Class act.

Year of the Gopher, glad your little one enjoyed. It was AWESOME seeing over 100 gopher practice jerseys lining up for the victory walk!!

Year of the Gopher, glad your little one enjoyed. It was AWESOME seeing over 100 gopher practice jerseys lining up for the victory walk!!

Thanks again for doing this. We have now collected 4 jerseys through Thomas town. My daughter wore her Garrett Brown #99 jersey the entire game and our son wore his Whaley/Lewis #6 to school today. They were and are ecstatic! Hopefully, someone can pick up the mantle from you guys and carry on...

Top Bottom