Twins win their opening playoff series regardless of the opponent?

👍 or 👎

• Total voters

Gopher_In_NYC

Reaction score
Indubitably!

Yes I’m aware your was spelt incorrectly: spellchecker foiled me again!

I’m also aware of my nuttiness - thank you very much😄

Last edited:

Enough of this irrational exuberance.

I went with "we won't win a game" so when we do get one...

We likely won't know our opponent until the night of Oct 1...who are we hoping to play that first series? The teams could be Houston, Seattle, Texas, or Toronto. I don't think there is a way for anyone in the West or Toronto to jump Balt/TB for the top wild card team.

We likely won't know our opponent until the night of Oct 1...who are we hoping to play that first series? The teams could be Houston, Seattle, Texas, or Toronto. I don't think there is a way for anyone in the West or Toronto to jump Balt/TB for the top wild card team.
I would say:

Texas

Seattle
Toronto

Houston

didn't vote because the opponent matters. post-season baseball is all about matchups.

Hey, IF they get well-pitched games from Pablo and Sonny, the Twins can certainly win 2 out of 3. remember, all the games will be at Target Field. the question mark is this: if they split the 1st two games, who starts the 3rd game: Ryan or Maeda? that will certainly depend on the opponent and the matchups.

so mark me down as hopeful but realistic.

Doesn't matter. Get the brooms.

It's entirely possible that Houston could miss the playoffs after their embarrassing stretch the last few weeks.

I asked a guy something similar yesterday- he said something like ‘I used to watch sports but then turned 50.’ Hahaha

Of the four possible matchups the Twins still have, Houston is the worse one IMO. Which is why that's probably who it will be.

Seattle would by my choice largely because it would likely guarantee night games.

Of the four possible matchups the Twins still have, Houston is the worse one IMO. Which is why that's probably who it will be.

Seattle would by my choice largely because it would likely guarantee night games.
I think people view Houston as the worst matchup because they are used to seeing them win in the postseason. Texas is the better team IMO, with a +52 advantage in run differential over Houston.

I think people view Houston as the worst matchup because they are used to seeing them win in the postseason. Texas is the better team IMO, with a +52 advantage in run differential over Houston.
Weird thing is Houston plays so much better on the road this year than at home. They actually have a losing record at home. Maybe the Twins give up the home games if they end up playing Houston.

Nice job by the Twins yesterday!

Looking good to advance to an actual, legitimate series (Division). That will be the series that the OP applies to.

Top Bottom