Twins/Vikings/Wild/Wolves Championship appearance drought tracker

Maybe this was addressed earlier in the thread, but is the season count really at 122? Shouldn't we NOT count the 1994 MLB season since there was no postseason? Yes the Twins sucked that year but they were not mathematically eliminated before the season was cancelled. If my count is off, I apologize.

Vikings: 33 (1991 thru 2023)
North Stars: 2 (1992-1993)
Wild: 23 (2001-2004, 2006-2024)
Timberwolves: 32 (1992-2023)
Twins: 31 (1992-1993, 1995-2023)

That puts my count at 121.
Yeah, I think I did the original math and didn't take that into account I don't think.

Maybe this was addressed earlier in the thread, but is the season count really at 122? Shouldn't we NOT count the 1994 MLB season since there was no postseason? Yes the Twins sucked that year but they were not mathematically eliminated before the season was cancelled. If my count is off, I apologize.

Vikings: 33 (1991 thru 2023)
North Stars: 2 (1992-1993)
Wild: 23 (2001-2004, 2006-2024)
Timberwolves: 32 (1992-2023)
Twins: 31 (1992-1993, 1995-2023)

That puts my count at 121.
It has been discussed often. The 1994 Twins Season is counted by Gopher Hole Admin, because they did play a regular season and it did not result in a Championship appearance, regardless of the fact that there was not a World Series even contested.

The Number of Seasons will always exceed the Number or Championships without a Twin Cities franchise by 1, assuming it is actually contested. Note, the 2023-24 Wild are now being counted even though the 2024 Stanley Cup has yet to take place.

While we are assuming it will take place, events such as the 2020 Pandemic, 1988 San Francisco Earthquake and 1919 Stanley Cup Finals which was cancelled in progress due to the Spanish Flu epidemic...you never know.

It has been discussed often. The 1994 Twins Season is counted by Gopher Hole Admin, because they did play a regular season and it did not result in a Championship appearance, regardless of the fact that there was not a World Series even contested.

The Number of Seasons will always exceed the Number or Championships without a Twin Cities franchise by 1, assuming it is actually contested. Note, the 2023-24 Wild are now being counted even though the 2024 Stanley Cup has yet to take place.

While we are assuming it will take place, events such as the 2020 Pandemic, 1988 San Francisco Earthquake and 1919 Stanley Cup Finals which was cancelled in progress due to the Spanish Flu epidemic...you never know.
But they don't update the count until they have been "eliminated". 1994 Twins were never eliminated. To each their own but I would regard that as an "Incomplete" grade rather than a "Fail".

I can appreciate the logic but it was 100% impossible for the 1994 Twins to make a championship appearance because they were never afforded the opportunity, even if they were in first place when the season was cancelled.

But they don't update the count until they have been "eliminated". 1994 Twins were never eliminated. To each their own but I would regard that as an "Incomplete" grade rather than a "Fail".

I can appreciate the logic but it was 100% impossible for the 1994 Twins to make a championship appearance because they were never afforded the opportunity, even if they were in first place when the season was cancelled.
Eventually the Twins were eliminated when Bud Selig announced the 1994 World Series was not going to be played. Season played. No championship appearance.

Personally, I am good with it either way. 122 Seasons. 121 Championships. Both are pretty epic fails.

I don't take issue with including the '94 Twins and Selig's folly. As long as "Seasons" are referenced in the tweet, it's not wrong.

You are correct and GopherHole is false to count the season in the count. @BleedGopher

You are correct and GopherHole is false to count the season in the count. @BleedGopher
The 1994 Twins played a season. There was no Championship appearance. Fact.

None of the other 27 Major League Baseball Teams advanced to a World Series either. So be it. Let Bud Selig wear it.

Top Bottom