Tubby's best roster

Minnesconsin fan

Reaction score
I am home with a sick kid today so was cleaning up a storage room and found a poster from a couple of years ago and it reminds me that Tubby could get some kids in school.

Al Nolen
Blake Hoffarber
Lawrence Westbrook
Damien Johnson

those 4 were Monson guys but the rest are Tubby's guys

Paul Carter
Devron Bostick
Devoe Joseph
Colton Iverson
Ralph Sampson III
Rodney Williams
Royce White
Trevor Mbakwe
Justin Cobbs
Dominique Dawson

of course this was the year the Trevor and Royce missed with legal issues but it is a much more impressive roster than the spring signee roster that we have now. Let's hope Tubby can get back to recruiting like this.

I am home with a sick kid today so was cleaning up a storage room and found a poster from a couple of years ago and it reminds me that Tubby could get some kids in school.

Al Nolen
Blake Hoffarber
Lawrence Westbrook
Damien Johnson

those 4 were Monson guys but the rest are Tubby's guys

Paul Carter
Damien Johnson
Devron Bostick
Devoe Joseph
Colton Iverson
Ralph Sampson III
Rodney Williams
Royce White
Trevor Mbakwe
Justin Cobbs
Dominique Dawson

of course this was the year the Trevor and Royce missed with legal issues but it is a much more impressive roster than the spring signee roster that we have now. Let's hope Tubby can get back to recruiting like this.
Interesting...how can Johnson be considered both a Monson guy and Tubby guy? :p

Never, ever, ever believe a bull$hitter on the GopherHole. It is dangerous to your health.

In English: Don't ever believe anything you read on GopherHole:)

I always look at inherited/committed recruits as the previous coach's guys. Even though Hoffarber and Nolen played only for Tubby, they were Monson recruits. Ditto for some of the studs Clem inherited and rode to the Sweet 16/Elite 8, via Dutcher's recruiting efforts.

This is the first season where everyone on the roster is 100% a Tubby guy.

Unless we start to win, Tubby's best recruiting days here are gone. He was able to recruit on name value when he first got here. After a period of time, it always comes back to competitiveness in the Big Ten.

minngg said:
Unless we start to win, Tubby's best recruiting days here are gone. He was able to recruit on name value when he first got here. After a period of time, it always comes back to competitiveness in the Big Ten.
And that's coming from Gopherholes leading Tubby hater.

I think Tubby silenced a few critics with a road win at #8 Indiana, then followed that up with a blow out of PSU. If you look at the gophers current roster most of them are top 150 players which was not the case before he got there. I will count Austin Hollins, kid had offers from arkansas, memphis, oregon state and is a terrific athlete. Dre Hollins, Mo Walker, Joe Coleman, RS3, Rodney, mbakwe, welch are all high major d1 players. I really love EE and Oto as under the radar guys. He does need one major super star though. Perhaps Joe Coleman will be that guy, maybe one of the Hollins boys as well. I really like the looks of this roster especially when Mo is healthy. You gonna be fine!!

An NCAA appearance with his own players will do much to silence the critics

Top Bottom