Tubby to georgia tech? If so, Gophers should get...

mpierce

Reaction score
Cuonzo Martin at Missouri State..He will be able to recruit well and Minnesota can still be top 20-25 team if tubby goes to georgia tech.

Saw article by doug gobblieb saying gtech could buy out hewitt for $5mil and hire tubby...

lets get cuonzo if tubby leaves..

Cuonzo Martin at Missouri State..He will be able to recruit well and Minnesota can still be top 20-25 team if tubby goes to georgia tech.

Saw article by doug gobblieb saying gtech could buy out hewitt for $5mil and hire tubby...

doug gobblieb? Holy Jesus Martha, if this is what you go by, I suggest you reheat your hot chocolate and find a reputable reference not a talking head.

Tubby said this was his last job. We will have to fire him but he won't leave on his own. I believe him.

As my GopherHole name indicates I live in Atlanta. GT is my adopted team since my younger son graduated from GT. Hewitt is as good as gone. They will need a new direction and they clearly have indicated that they would not want a 60 year old to take them there.

I look for Tubby to have several more solid to great years with us. Over the last 2 years everything that could go wrong has. He and we are well over due.

I don't think Tubby will leave here, but my first choice for his replacement would be Flip Saunders, with Trent Tucker seated right next to him on the bench.

Agreed whenever Tubby leaves or retires the first person to be offered the job is Flip.

I really, really don't want to see Tubby leave before we have a new A.D. in place. I cannot imagine letting Joel Maturi be in charge or finding Tubby's replacement. Even if Maturi was competent, coaches don't have any interest in coming to a place where the A.D. position is in flux.

Tubby Smith will coach the Minn. Golden Gophers until he retires PERIOD !!

I don't think Tubby will leave here, but my first choice for his replacement would be Flip Saunders, with Trent Tucker seated right next to him on the bench.

Right next to him... lol, for Trent to be the fourth would be generous.

I know there is a lot of talk about Flip, but has he ever gone on record saying that he wants to coach here? If he said it, great, I'm just wondering if we have some corroboration on this or it's just MN folks hoping?

For Purdue fans Martin is choice 1A in the list to replace Coach Painter if he ever leaves(God forbid).

Tubby Smith will coach the Minn. Golden Gophers until he retires PERIOD !!

Yes...and hopefully he will be able to get players with a better head on their shoulders rather then the likes of RW and Devoe...

IF RSIII does go pro, that would open up a scholarship for another player for next year as well.

So still nothing on Flip's candidacy? I'm just wondering if there is any foundation for the chatter among Gopherholers?

Capital letters and punctuation.

Im guessing you think tubby did a commendable job this year..Please..If he had the ambition that many of today's good coaches do, then this team would be in the NCAA Tournament instead of the NIT..

Top Bottom