Tubby Smith a "Has Been" - Butler Fails

Ha they loved to tout their "7 for the last 8" record against the B10, but as far as I can tell the last three wins were 2 against NU and one against Michigan in '07 in one of Beilein's first games.

They're just angry because their coach looks like he's 25 and they play in the horizon league.

I literally couldn't stop laughing reading those threads. If anyone would like a good chuckle, head on over. These people think their team is great, it's hilarious how these overrated losers are pimping their team.

Ha they loved to tout their "7 for the last 8" record against the B10, but as far as I can tell the last three wins were 2 against NU and one against Michigan in '07 in one of Beilein's first games.
Glad I don't have to hear any more of their "best team in Indiana" crap for awhile either.

No doubt it will start back up once they beat up on the Horizon league and Purdue loses a few conference games.

I literally couldn't stop laughing reading those threads. If anyone would like a good chuckle, head on over. These people think their team is great, it's hilarious how these overrated losers are pimping their team.

I love the posts about Allen Iverson's son playing for us :clap::clap::clap:

Reading that makes me glad that we don't absolutely rely on our shooters to rain down tons of 3's each game. Those fans just need to face facts that an offense based around making 3 pointers can't be successful in the long run.

I thought that was pretty funny as well...looks like Portland is going to be similar, just less talented

Hahahaha, the way they talk you'd think they were fans of a team like Kentucky or something. What a joke.

Butler is a great team, but-

Could this happen?

Butler loses to Minnesota. Then they play UCLA and beat them. Final game they play Clemson or West Virgina.

That would not be horrible. I'm not certain if it could happen though. If the above could happen, then I would say that the Minnesota game is not AS important as I originally thought.

That scenario DID happen. Go out and beat UCLA and then Clemson and the Minnesota loss will fade from our memories. Plus, by the way Minnesota played that will not be a bad loss come selection Sunday time. Butler still faces 3 BCS teams and this tournament is not lost. Have to regroup and show the country how we play basketball.

The rest of the country knows you rely on the three and our " has been " coach knew it and set up a game plan to defend against it.

Hahahaha, the way they talk you'd think they were fans of a team like Kentucky or something. What a joke.

Interesting stat. Tubby left Kentucky in March 2007.

Since then, Tubby is 46-25 at Minnesota.

And Kentucky is 46-25 with Gillispie and Calipari.

I'll be honest, I've been real busy lately and hadn't really paid much attention to the Gophers other than to see if they won or lost each game. Hadn't put 2 and 2 together and realized that we were playing the 10th-ranked team until I looked at the box score yesterday. Earlier this week, I saw Butler ranked 10th on sportscenter and was like, "who?" I guess I'm surprised to see a mid major ranked so high so early.

It doesn't sound their fans know how to handle the success.

I have to disagree with you guys. I read through several of those threads before and after the game and the majority of their fans seemed very reasonable.

I have to disagree with you guys. I read through several of those threads before and after the game and the majority of their fans seemed very reasonable.

Agree with Stocker. Read the full strings and the Butler fans were very reasonable - disappointed, and a fair amount of venting, but generally willing to step back, take a more detached look at the game, and conclude that the sun would come up the next day, possibly under partly cloudy skies.

They got as many laughs out of "son of Iverson" as we did. And the original poster of that was right: he is Chuck Iverson's son, and dad was even drafted by the Supersonics back in his day.

Butler isn't the team I expected. They weren't a "live or die by the three" club - more diverse than that. They are a couple pieces short of a top ten team, but they'll make some noise, as usual.

Tubbytown was talking about the few who had hard feelings about the loss, not their fan base as a whole.

Top Bottom