Tubby Does Not Suck...

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
And I apologize for my overdramatic post yesteday. I was dejected and in a bad mood after the loss. He is a good coach and Michigan State was a very good team.

Tubby a good coach but he has some responsibility for this dismal season. They have Lost 6 close games without winning one. They have to draw up better last shot plays. He is not to blame for Nolan,White,Mbwke. Overall, I am sure he is as dissapointed with this season as all of us.

Tubby is doing a great job considering he is working with a team that is has only the remnants of the group that he recruited. The power forward spot has been nonexistant due to the losses of White and Mbakwe. Johnson is forced to play out of position at that spot. Samson and Iverson are young players that are still learning to compete at the center position. The team has been left without the physical strength to compete with top Div. 1 talent. Inspite of that they have usually played tough against teams that out man them.

There were high hopes for this team at the beginning of the year. That promising team no longer exists. Lets give the team that remains and a great coach the credit they deserve.

Tubby is doing a great job considering he is working with a team that is has only the remnants of the group that he recruited. The power forward spot has been nonexistant due to the losses of White and Mbakwe. Johnson is forced to play out of position at that spot. Samson and Iverson are young players that are still learning to compete at the center position. The team has been left without the physical strength to compete with top Div. 1 talent. Inspite of that they have usually played tough against teams that out man them.

There were high hopes for this team at the beginning of the year. That promising team no longer exists. Lets give the team that remains and a great coach the credit they deserve.

Poor Tubby. It is so unfortunate that he recruited two PFs with such great character. No one could have ever guessed they would never see the floor.

Keep in mind this team went to the NCAA tournament last year exactly as it is.

When Mbakwe, Nolen, and White all happen in the same year it is not a fluke. It is the coaching staff's bad decision making catching up with them. Coaches cannot make choices for their players but they are ultimately at fault for the teams current makeup.

other than IOWA the rest of the Big ten is internally stronger but the Conference RPI is lower which means 11 wins and a run in the b10 tournament are a requirement if the goal is NCAA.

And I apologize for my overdramatic post yesteday. I was dejected and in a bad mood after the loss. He is a good coach and Michigan State was a very good team.

GG...Thank you for that. If I may, this is just another example of what posters like Rick Mons, GopherLady, Selection Sunday, moonlight, etal, say "...take a step back, wait until the next day to post comments out of frustration, anger, disappointment, sadness, etc."

I try to do that, plus have a good cold beer (plural, btw} , and get up the next day and realize that the sun still rises in the East that next day.

Go Gophers!

Top Bottom