Tua’s brother transferring to Maryland

PitinoFan

Banned
Reaction score
If he’s granted immediate eligibility, he’ll probably be their starter.

Bad choice - Maryland is like the black hole for quarterbacking. I swear they had to have a linebacker start a game at QB a few years ago.

I wish him the best though

Bad choice - Maryland is like the black hole for quarterbacking. I swear they had to have a linebacker start a game at QB a few years ago.

This is a good pickup for them. They have some good players. Not sure what the qb situation in the past has anything to do with this.

The entire family moved from Hawaii with no help whatsoever from the University of Alabama, so it's not like they have to stay now that Tua is going to cash a big check (wink, wink).

Is there a reason to think he would be granted immediate eligibility? If he were transferring to Alabama, sure, because that how it works for the big dogs. But transferring away from Alabama?

He’s 5’11”, has a decent arm, and average speed. He does seem to have some improvisation ability, but I’m only basing that off his high school tape. Honestly, Tanner’s high school tape is more impressive.

I think it was Iowa St that had to have a LB start at QB. Iirc it was against Oklahoma and I think ISU actually won

This is a good pickup for them. They have some good players. Not sure what the qb situation in the past has anything to do with this.
Yeah, but their horrific coaching staff should help.

Mike Locksley seems to be a good recruiter and assistant coach, and a lot of players speak highly of him.

But he has an atrocious record as a head coach, now 6-40 overall. I'm still surprised Maryland hired him.

I remember that, pretty sure it was some guy from Germany. And they still beat us at TCF. It wasn't the drubbing we suffered a year later, though. We shoulda, coulda won the 2017 game.

The entire family moved from Hawaii with no help whatsoever from the University of Alabama, so it's not like they have to stay now that Tua is going to cash a big check (wink, wink).
Not sure I follow here. What do you mean by no help whatsoever from the University of Alabama? I know that the Bagman exists. Are you saying that Alabama failed in this area of corruption?

Was my first thought too, how long until he gets injured...

He’s 5’11”, has a decent arm, and average speed. He does seem to have some improvisation ability, but I’m only basing that off his high school tape. Honestly, Tanner’s high school tape is more impressive.
lol

44th ranked pro style QB
5th ranked pro style QB

But yeah, 44th ranked had a much better tape coming out of high school. I can't believe the college recruiters missed that.

Last edited:

lol

44th ranked pro style QB
5th ranked pro style QB

But yeah, 44th ranked had a much better tape coming out of high school. I can't believe the college recruiters missed that.

Did you watch it, before you decided to mock my comment? Don’t you think Tanner has performed well above his recruiting rating? My impression is Tau had a little better mobility, but Tanner had better accuracy, especially down the field. Actually, Taulia rarely threw deep in high school. None of know how things will work out for him at Maryland, but he was clearly behind 3-star Mac Jones at Bama.

Last edited:

I think it was Iowa St that had to have a LB start at QB. Iirc it was against Oklahoma and I think ISU actually won
It was actually Joel Lanning you're probably thinking of. He played quarterback through his junior year, starting most of his sophomore and junior seasons, then switched to linebacker (with a Seth Green-type role on offense) for his season year.

He was an above average quarterback, but a really effective linebacker, including first team All-Big 12.

I would’ve figured LeGendre would be the starter. Josh Jackson has been a bust after showing promise at VT.

Sounds like Pigrome, only slower.

Seems like an odd landing spot for a family from Hawaii. Since they're done with Bama, you would think they'd either go back west, or stay in the SE to be near Tua. Especially when you consider the coaching situation at Maryland and how everybody is predicting a massive dumpster fire.

lol

44th ranked pro style QB
5th ranked pro style QB

I think you have the wrong Tanner Morgan. The one you’ve posted has too much hair on the top of his head and not enough hair on the top of his lip.

Wait a second ... did Tua's family all move to Alabama? Why was the brother playing for some suburban Birmingham high school, if not? I am assuming they did.

Wonder what Alabama booster helped pay for that (in cash), either way.

Wait a second ... did Tua's family all move to Alabama? Why was the brother playing for some suburban Birmingham high school, if not? I am assuming they did.

Wonder what Alabama booster helped pay for that (in cash), either way.
Correct. I remember it being mentioned when he took over during that National Championship game.

The landing spot shouldn’t be much of a surprise. Locksley was Tua’s offensive coordinator for two seasons, and recruited Taulia. Actually, I wouldn’t be surprised if Saban helped arrange this. He probably would have been third string behind Jones, and this guy.....

Mac Jones was a 3* out of his prep school in Jacksonville, FL. Seemed like he played well enough to win, but not spectacularly.

lol

44th ranked pro style QB
5th ranked pro style QB

Possible that his last name boosted his ranking a bit?

Top Bottom