Trying to learn more about the Gophers Football team/ Facilities and broadcasting outlets

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
BROADCASTING- I have learned the BG1 has 3 channels to choose from under the BG1's moniker. I purchased YOUTUBE TV and it only has one BG1 conference channel. That aside do you know any other P5 Conference that has 3 designated channelers for their conference? this of course does not include all the ESPN channels, ABC, NBC, FOX Sports and CBS Sports. GREAT COVERAGE FOR THE NEW SUPER POWER CONFERENCE!

STADIUM -

8,800Tons of structural steel, 97% of which is from recycled steel
4,019,760LED lights make up the video boards. The main scoreboard is one of the largest in college sports.
50,805Capacity of stadium
25,000Approx. number of seats with permanent chairbacks
37Private suites
57Loge boxes
1,250Outdoor Club seats
250Indoor Club seats
20,000Square-foot Club Room for game day and non-game day usage

YOUR STADIUM IS A BEAUTY!

Head Coach P.J Fleck

2017Minnesota5-7Head Coach
2018Minnesota7-6Quick Lane Bowl (W, 34-10)Head Coach
2019Minnesota11-2Outback Bowl (W, 31-24)Head Coach
2020Minnesota3-4Head Coach
2021Minnesota9-4Guaranteed Rate Bowl (W, 18-6)Head Coach
2022Minnesota9-4Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl (W, 28-20)Head Coach
2023Minnesota6-7Quick Lane Bowl (W, 30-24)Head Coach
Career11 Seasons80-56Head Coach

BROADCASTING- I have learned the BG1 has 3 channels to choose from under the BG1's moniker. I purchased YOUTUBE TV and it only has one BG1 conference channel. That aside do you know any other P5 Conference that has 3 designated channelers for their conference? this of course does not include all the ESPN channels, ABC, NBC, FOX Sports and CBS Sports. GREAT COVERAGE FOR THE NEW SUPER POWER CONFERENCE!

The 3 BTN Channels are always showing the exact same programming except for Saturdays in the Fall when the BTNetwork has multiple games to broadcast during the same window of time.

Non-Conference is about the only time that all 3 get used at the same time. Conference season it does not seem like more than 2 are ever used, and that was on Saturdays when there were few if any teams on a Bye weekend.

Maybe that will change absorbing 4 PAC12 schools, but there will also be more Friday games.

STADIUM -

8,800Tons of structural steel, 97% of which is from recycled steel
4,019,760LED lights make up the video boards. The main scoreboard is one of the largest in college sports.
50,805Capacity of stadium
25,000Approx. number of seats with permanent chairbacks
37Private suites
57Loge boxes
1,250Outdoor Club seats
250Indoor Club seats
20,000Square-foot Club Room for game day and non-game day usage

YOUR STADIUM IS A BEAUTY!

Head Coach P.J Fleck

2017Minnesota5-7Head Coach
2018Minnesota7-6Quick Lane Bowl (W, 34-10)Head Coach
2019Minnesota11-2Outback Bowl (W, 31-24)Head Coach
2020Minnesota3-4Head Coach
2021Minnesota9-4Guaranteed Rate Bowl (W, 18-6)Head Coach
2022Minnesota9-4Bad Boy Mowers Pinstripe Bowl (W, 28-20)Head Coach
2023Minnesota6-7Quick Lane Bowl (W, 30-24)Head Coach
Career11 Seasons80-56Head Coach
YouTube TV has 3 B1G Network overflow stations, which only show in the channel guide when they are being used. But, you do have to make sure they are enabled in the YouTube TV settings on their phone or tablet app, or website.

How does your offense and Defense look this year? I know nothing about your High Value players!
YouTube TV has 3 B1G Network overflow stations, which only show in the channel guide when they are being used. But, you do have to make sure they are enabled in the YouTube TV settings on their phone or tablet app, or website.

Thank you WAG. I didn't know that.. Is it possible that the Gophers will be on every other week LIVE on the B1G Channels & well it depend on the W/L record especially later in the season

Thank you WAG. I didn't know that.. Is it possible that the Gophers will be on every other week LIVE on the B1G Channels & well it depend on the W/L record especially later in the season
The whole 18 team expansion thing makes that a really tough call. Of the 4 games in which the TV partners have been announced there is 1 game each on FOX, Peacock, BTN & CBS.

That does not include the Iowa game, which seems targeted for prime time, NBC.

Last edited:

The whole 18 team expansion thing makes that a really tough call. Of the 4 games in which the TV partners have been announced there is a 1 game each on FOX, Peacock, BTN & CBS.

That does not include the Iowa game, which seems targeted for prime time, NBC.

THANKS!

I would still like the fans who go to the games or watch the games to give me the top 5 Offensive and defensive players whose bios I should look up. I don't want to guess and look up 30 different BIOs and guess at it. I know that it may be hard because of your graduated senior.

I know it would be much easier if the coach had given you the 1st string lineup but I don't believe that will be until the 2 weeks before the 1st game.

Would for sure add Max Brosmer to the list for offense.
Good point! I purposefully focused on those that played in games as Gophers. Even then it was harder than I thought. It was because I focused on returning players that I left Brosmer off.

Good point! I purposefully focused on those that played in games as Gophers. Even then it was harder than I thought. It was because I focused on returning players that I left Brosmer off.
Understand. How he plays will be a huge factor to how our offense performs. I'm optimistic but time will tell.

Top Bottom