Treyton Thompson among Gophers basketball newcomers arriving this weekend: "I'm extremely excited"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

The Gophers men's basketball team is a bit more than a week away from opening summer practice, but most of the players will be arriving this weekend.

Nine newcomers were added to first-year coach Ben Johnson's roster for the 2021-22 season, including transfers Jamison Battle, Luke Loewe, E.J. Stephens, Sean Sutherlin, Parker Fox, and Payton Willis, and freshman Treyton Thompson coming to campus Sunday.

The University of Minnesota's summer school session begins on Monday.

"Can't wait to get started," Stephens, a senior guard from Lafayette, said about settling in before the official start of practice on June 14. "We'll be ready to rock n' roll."

As with many of his future teammates, Thompson's looking forward to building an in-person relationship with Johnson and the new Gophers coaching staff. Their interaction has been strictly through video conference calls.

"I'm extremely excited," Thompson, a 6-11 former Alexandria standout, said. "I feel really good about it and confident. I know I'm in really good hands. I'm just ready to get to work."

Go Gophers!!

In some ways, he has the 3rd most U program experience on the roster.

In some ways, he has the 3rd most U program experience on the roster.
I'm pretty certain he has attended more Gopher games than anyone on the roster sans Ihnen.

Edit: forgot about Willis, you are correct sir!

Top Bottom