Trey Zeigler Updates His Recruiting Status

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from GoSpartans.net:

Trey, whose father is the Head Coach at Central Michigan, has the tough choice of choosing between some of the biggest programs in the nation or go to a smaller school and play for his dad. Did I mention, both McCallum & Zeigler are close friends? Keep on reading to find out about everything you need to know regarding this talented baller.

In the class of 2010, two basketball stars stand out. Both have fathers that are Head Coaches in the world of college basketball. I’m talking about Ray McCaullum and Trey Zeigler.

This interview focuses on the big shooting guard, Zeigler. Trey, whose father is the Head Coach at Central Michigan, has the tough choice of choosing between some of the biggest programs in the nation or go to a smaller school and play for his dad. Did I mention, both McCallum & Zeigler are close friends? Keep on reading to find out about everything you need to know regarding this talented baller.

What is your current list of colleges? Is there a favorite?

ZEIGLER: "My current list of schools would be Arizona Arizona St Michigan St Michigan Oklahoma UCLA LSU Minnesota Providence and Central Michigan. I have no favorites; I’m wide open.

What are you looking for in a school?

ZEIGLER: "I’m looking for somewhere I can step in and play and make an impact right away and somewhere I feel comfortable with the staff."

You have a lot of offers. Do you expect some more in the coming months? If so, who?

"As far as other schools coming in I haven’t really talked to anyone else besides the schools in my current list.

Your father is the Head Coach at Central Michigan. How big an impact does he have on your recruiting and what are the real chances you commit to Central Michigan?

ZEIGLER: "My dad has a huge impact on my recruitment. He is defintely going to be a part of my decision making. There is a chance I end up at CMU i wouldnt mind playing for my dad."

Another Michigan native in Ray McCallum has the same situation with his father as a D1 Head Coach. Do you guys ever talk about it?

ZEIGLER: "Yeah, all the time. Ray and I are best friends and played on the same AAU team this spring and summer. It’s great having someone that is in the same situation as me."

What are your goals for your senior year of high school, on and off the court?

ZEIGLER: "On the court State Championship we have a good shot at it this year and winning Mr.Basketball. Off the court just finishing strong in the class room and having as much as possible with this being my senior year."

To become an elite player at the next level, Trey Zeigler has to….?

ZEIGLER: "I would say Trey Zeigler has to continue to work on every aspect of his game and put time in the weight room."

Have you even considered the possibility of going one and done once you get to college?

I think if the chance presents itself and I'm a definte lottery pick I would have to take it because that is my dream.

How was your summer? Which camps and events did you enjoy the most?

ZEIGLER: "My summer was great winning two national tournament and being name co-mvp with Ray at both , and then also playing really well at NBA camp and Lebron Camp. I would say my favorite events were The Reebok Championships in Vegas. Having the chance to win on the biggest stage that was a lot of fun. Also at NBA camp I got to show a lot of people I can do a lot of different things on the court."

What is the current situation for college visits? Have you done and yet and which are you planning? When do you plan on committing?

ZEIGLER: "My family and I have decided to wait to the spring to announce my decision so most schools that I have talked to want to wait until the spring to visit but Oklahoma is one school that wants me to come Septemeber 19th and I’m planning on taking a unoffical this weekend to Michigan St. and another one to Michigan the following weekend."

Trey has done all he can to earn his offers. He now has the decision in his hands on where he will choose to attend college. Could he go to a smaller school and play for his dad? Could he stay in state? Could he end up on the West Coast of all places?

One thing is for certain, Trey Zeigler is bound for glory!

We want to thank Trey Zeigler for the interview and wish him the best of luck on his decision.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=896214

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom