Trevor Mbakwe: more gaudy stats, another POW honor

BleedGopher

Reaction score
MIAMI DADE COLLEGE

For the third time this season, Miami Dade College guard Kquanise Byrd was honored as the Florida Community College Activities Association Women's Basketball Player of the Week.

Sharks forward Trevor Mbakwe, selected last week as the National Player of the Week, was the FCCAA Men's Player of the Week.

Byrd led the second-ranked Sharks (24-2) to an 84-61 win against Indian River. Against the Pioneers, Byrd scored 31 points and had four rebounds, three assists and one steal.

Mbawke, a transfer from Marquette University, averaged 26.5 points and 18.0 rebounds by posting double-doubles in two Southern Conference games. Against Indian River, Mbawke hit 10 of 16 field goals en route to 28 points and 21 rebounds.

Against Brevard, Mbawke recorded his 11th double-double of the season with 25 points and 15 rebounds.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges/fiu/story/914553.html

Go Gophers!!

I've stated from the beginning that Mbakwe will be more important to our team next year than any other recruit we have coming in.

He hits the glass like a crazed animal.

Mbakwe had a game on Wednesday. Anybody know how he did?

Should be interesting to see if his success can translate. He seems to be the kind of guy we're missing this season.

He's looking like a stud on the boards. Problem is..rebounding is no longer our biggest hole. Its finding a scorer. I do think that Joseph will become a big time scorer for us next year...

Mbakwe, Sampson, Johnson / Carter / White (best will rise to top), Joseph and Nolen will be the starters.

Don't leave out the frosh pg. Can't remember his name right now.-Seems to being having a great sr. year.

I think next years rotation will look something like:
PG)Nolen - Joseph
SG)Westbrook - Williams
SF)White - Johnson
PF)Mbakwe - Carter
C)Sampson - Iverson

We're going to be a really deep team next year, with talent at every position. Top team team in 2009-2010???

I think next years rotation will look something like:
PG)Nolen - Joseph
SG)Westbrook - Williams
SF)White - Johnson
PF)Mbakwe - Carter
C)Sampson - Iverson

We're going to be a really deep team next year, with talent at every position. Top team team in 2009-2010???
Rodney is definitely not a 2 guard, at least not a Big 10 2 guard yet. He can't shoot outside of 12 feet.

Maybe

F Mbakwe 20, Royce 20, Johnson 15, Carter 15, Rodney 10 (minutes)

C Sampson 20, Iverson 20

G Joseph 20, Nolen 20, Westbrook 15, Bostick 10, Hoffarber 10, Cobbs 5.

Carter + Mbakwe hopefully will equal some domination on the boards.

Top Bottom