Trestmann

Reaction score
Chris Mortensen reports the Colts are interested in Marc Trestmann for their open head coaching position.

If I'm Peyton manning I ask to get traded.
Indianapolis seems to be a sinking ship from polian leaving to the roster aging to trestman being a candidate.

I'd look for manning to end up in Washington, Seattle, the jets, or Arizona.

If I'm Peyton manning I ask to get traded.
Indianapolis seems to be a sinking ship from polian leaving to the roster aging to trestman being a candidate.

I'd look for manning to end up in Washington, Seattle, the jets, or Arizona.

http://indiana.sbnation.com/indiana...on-manning-contract-status-indianapolis-colts

Earlier Wednesday on Sportscenter, it was announced by ESPN's Adam Schefter that Indianapolis Colts quarterback Peyton Manning will not push back the $28 million roster bonus that he is due to receive on March 8th. He will not allow his contract to be restructured at all by the Colts, even after missing the entire 2011 NFL season because of an injury.

The Colts have already announced that they will not trade Peyton Manning, so the options before them seem to be either keeping Manning as is with his large contract untouched or simply release him and allow teams to pick him up in free agency later. Owner Jim Irsay has also said that if Manning were healthy, he would be the QB played but with Manning at an advancing age and after an entire season off it's never going to be completely certain that he is healthy.

With Andrew Luck almost certainly being the first pick on the docket for the Colts, it's starting to look more likely that Manning will simply not be a Colt in 2012.

Edit: Whoever trades for Manning would have to pay him the 28 mill. Don't see that happening to a qb with uncertain health and his age.

The Vikings could use a rent-a-QB (because, as we all know, that tends to work out so well every time).

Top Bottom