Trent Lockett

josh087

Sharing Common Sense & Reality
Reaction score
Just saw Hopkins' Trent Lockett convert a layup and a dunk against Texas State. But then he missed a wide open layup. How could we let this guy go????? The layup and dunk he just made was perfect, and he's only missed one layup. He has to be way better than Rodney Williams. What has Rodney done so far? I haven't seen any action yet but Rodney probably hasn't even scored a point yet, and we all know he can't shoot the three. What a mistake by Tubby.

Lockett is a heck of a player. I'm watching the game on ESPNU as well, I wouldn't call a wrap-around layup under the hoop past 2 defenders a "wide open layup" either.

The kid is fundamentally sound, plays good defense, is very athletic, and doesn't need the ball 24/7 to play well. That being said, I think Rodney is still a great player and am happy we have him; just as ASU fans are happy with Lockett.

Why try to rile anyone up?

If anything, I think it shows how strong the class in Minnesota was as a whole last year. Of course, Royce, Rodney and Trent were all considered at least 4-star recruits heading into last year. Having said that, it's hard to know how freshmen will react to the increased competition.

Needless to say, it's so far, so good in that regard (except for Royce of course ;)).

Actually while I was typing my sarcastic post Lockett actually looked pretty good. I still wouldn't trade him or Webster (UCLA, on ESPN) for anyone on the Gophs, but some strong talent in the state of hockey.

Lockett with a team-leading 11 points 17 minutes to go in 2nd half. Still am glad we have Williams, but, wow, Trent is looking good! Also, Dylan Hale of Washburn is playing for Texas State. He air-balled a 3 early on and has taken one shot since.

He's having a heck of a game; it's just a Lockett love fest from the commentators on his overall game and work ethic. Has scored a 17 pts w/6 rebs and 2 assists so far...

I thought Lockett was pretty much a lock to leave anyway. Would he have stayed if Tubby wanted him?

7 rebounds in 27 minutes tonight. 6 in 18 in the opener. Wouldn't it be great if we had wings that could rebound like that?

Top Bottom