Trap games from Adam Rittenturd

Unregistered User

Wild animal with a keyboard
Reaction score
Thanks for the link MV:

"Ohio State at Minnesota, Oct. 30: The Buckeyes might be 8-0 heading to the Twin Cities, thinking national title and looking forward to a bye week before the stretch run against Penn State, Iowa and Michigan. Minnesota has been a poor late-season team under head coach Tim Brewster and boasts only two wins against Ohio State since 1966. But the Gophers should be comfortable with Jeff Horton's offense by this point, and their talented young players will have adjusted to the college game. If the Buckeyes overlook this matchup like they did with Purdue in 2009, they could be sorry."

Is someone filling in for Rittenturd? Surprisingly optimistic line from him.

Thanks for the link MV:

"Ohio State at Minnesota, Oct. 30: The Buckeyes might be 8-0 heading to the Twin Cities, thinking national title and looking forward to a bye week before the stretch run against Penn State, Iowa and Michigan. Minnesota has been a poor late-season team under head coach Tim Brewster and boasts only two wins against Ohio State since 1966. But the Gophers should be comfortable with Jeff Horton's offense by this point, and their talented young players will have adjusted to the college game. If the Buckeyes overlook this matchup like they did with Purdue in 2009, they could be sorry."

Is someone filling in for Rittenturd? Surprisingly optimistic line from him.

Not sure why you're so down on Rittenberg, he's pretty even handed when it comes to all things Gopher. That said, I have a hard time seeing this as a trap game, I do think we could benefit from several other trap scenarios, but a night game before a bye should be and easy enough game for the OSU coaches to motivate and focus on. That said we did put on a pretty fun show last year on Halloween.

I'd pick our best chance at benefiting from a trap game to be the wisky game, I just could see a similar first half like in 08' and a fighting chance to hang on this time with 08' as motivation.

NIU is our best chance to fall victim to a trap, especially if we are 3-0 at that point.

I expect that MTSU will have our full attention. We probably will be looking past South Dakota to USC. It's been a while since we have really put away a I-AA team. We haven't really pounded one since we beat Southwest Texas State 42-0 in 2002. Since then, we've had two games that were within 2 TDs, two squeaker wins, and one game that shall not be mentioned. I think this Gophers team will be looking to take something out on someone. Besides, if we are thinking ahead and preparing for USD as if they were USC, we should do fine there.

The possibility is there for a letdown against Northern Illinois, but the team will remember that the last time we played them we had to squeak out a win in the closing seconds.

I think it's lame Rittenberg didn't show his face during spring ball. Ever since then he has favored the teams he watched play in the spring, which is predictable and annoying. I think if he had come during spring ball he'd be a lot more impressed with the Gophers going into this year.

That said, while Rittenberg isn't the brightest bulb in the box, he does go out of his way to be even handed towards all of the Big Ten teams.

I agree NIU is our best chance of a trap game. MTSU is the first game so the players will be juiced for that. The one good thing about NIU is that it once took a 4th down last second TD Adam Weber TD pass to beat them. So I expect our senior captain QB to be reminding the boys that this is not a team to be taken lightly.

I also disagree with Rittenberg about Ohio State. I think the Gophers have a very good chance of winning every other game on our schedule. But barring a TP injury, I think the BUckeyes are going undefeated on their way to a National Title (which will be good for the Big Ten's sake). That said, I will be there hoping we can pull a little more Halloween magic against the Buckeyes.

Actually, the 4th down play was a 4th and 1 from the 3. Bennet ran it to the 2 for a first down, and then ran it for a TD on the next play. I know, nitpicking.

I also disagree with Rittenberg about Ohio State. I think the Gophers have a very good chance of winning every other game on our schedule. But barring a TP injury, I think the BUckeyes are going undefeated on their way to a National Title (which will be good for the Big Ten's sake). That said, I will be there hoping we can pull a little more Halloween magic against the Buckeyes.

Agree, I think the odds are better that the sod spot in RF at Target Field that Cuddy refuses to stand on is a trap door than we are the Buckeye's trap game. That said, I sure would like to see us stick it to them. I think we have a chance in every ball game but tOSU. I call us at 8-4, 4-4 this year and a big surprise around the league.

MTSU is the game we should/need to win that scares me. But not a trap game. Since we'll be favored in only three or four games this year it's hard to pick a candidate so NIU seems like a solid choice.

Rittenburg has been fair to us.

I love the gophers and usually am way too optimistic, but I can't find five games we're likely to be fovorites in. I guess it's hard for me to fault writers who can't either.

MTSU is the game we should/need to win that scares me. But not a trap game. Since we'll be favored in only three or four games this year it's hard to pick a candidate so NIU seems like a solid choice.

Yep, this is the one I think could get ugly, just like Toledo in 2001. I hope I'm wrong.

i am in a hurry so...

Theee OSU will not be higher than #5 at the end of the season, MTSU will not beat us. We will be better than expected.

Theee OSU

You have obviously forgotten that Pryor renamed his school. Let me remind you. He signed his LOI late, after his senior basketball season. He put on an Ohio State cap and said he was attending "The University of Ohio State". Sweet.

Top Bottom