Track and Field update

Ole

Reaction score
I didn't get to see as many Gopher prospects this season as in the past, but yesterday I was able to see Duke Anyanwu in action and was impressed.
He's much closer to 240 than 220, and ran the 110 hurdles very well. At his size it's a very impressive sight to see, that race takes alot of flexibility, explosion, and coordination. He seems like he's certainly building towards football(as he should be), since at a lighter weight he'd be more effective on the track.

Some other potential prospects, there's a big kid from Champlin Park, Stephens who's a junior, very well built and with impressive size. His teammate Johnson is another big guy who showed good explosion in the shotput, but he's a 2012 prospect.
I imagine due diligence was done on him, but he's definitely a powerful athlete.

I've seen that Malik Rucker has long jumped over 22 feet, that's an explosive jump.

As always, I'll qualify these with the fact that track and field is more of a measurement of athleticism, and doesn't always equate to great football potential, just some tidbits for those who may not follow track in the state.

Top Bottom