Total Seat Count as of Midnight 6-11-09

alltimetwinsfan

Grand Poobah
Reaction score
All of these numbers are a little fluid, as I am two off from a previous number, but it's pretty much the same. Anyways, here are my numbers:

Total seats remaining: 1,209 (504 fewer than midnight last night)

Total lower level seats remaining: 133 (-107 from midnight last night)

Total upper level seats remaining: 1,076 (-397 from midnight last night)

Sections sold out: 11 (not counting student section)

Sections with at least 100 seats remaining:

-232: 194 seats
-231: 168 seats
-233: 144 seats
-219: 128 seats
-234: 129 seats

Some statistical notes over the past 24 hours:

-Today's selectors finally decided that seeing the big scoreboard wasn't as important as picking lower-level seats, gobbling up the majority of the last section in the lower level, section 101. In all, 115 tickets were selected from 101, knocking the number of seats remaining in that section from 134 yesterday down to just 19.

-Section 101 is the only section that still has consecutive seats in the lower deck, and my guess is that won't last long into the day tomorrow.

-Other sections that were taken heavily today were:
-Section 246 (71 seats)
-Section 233 (46 seats)
-Section 202 (43 seats)
-Section 236 (34 seats)
-Section 202 (32 seats)
-Section 201 (31 seats)

-There's now a pretty glaring trend of single seats not moving. Of the sections that had 10 or fewer single seats in the section, only five seats were selected.

-On the trend of 504 seats per day, that leaves just 201 seats at the end of this week. With Tuesday being their final day of wait-list picking, one must wonder what will actually be left come Tuesday, and whether the folks at the very end of the wait list will be willing to pick from the single seats remaining on the board when that gets to them...further, whether they'll be willing to pick the premium single seats.

-I will try once again and update late tomorrow night after tomorrow's picking.

excellent recap. I would add that Tuesday isn't necessarily the end of wait list seat selecting. There are people currently on the wait list that have not been assigned times to select (more waiting). I know this because I am one of them. I have four original seats selected back in early May but I had to get on the waiting list in hopes of picking up a single that is hanging out there near my seats. I'm assuming the Tuesday end of the current wait list is for people who will actually have consecutive seats to select.

I wonder what they will do when comparing someone near the end of the list (like me) that only wants a single seat, compared to someone higher in the wait list that wants 4 seats... 4 seats that are available but spread out (and unlikely selected by someone wanting multiple seats)?

Lower level is now down to singles only... NO GREEN left on lower level.

I wonder if there are any single seats in consecutive rows that could be moved so they are in front of each other. Would anyone be interested in sitting "in front of" rather than "beside" someone?

Question: I wonder if there are any single seats in consecutive rows that could be moved so they are in front of each other. Would anyone be interested in sitting "in front of" rather than "beside" someone?

I think the Athletic Dept will be making a mistake if they don't try to pair up the single seats in that way.

Question: I wonder if there are any single seats in consecutive rows that could be moved so they are in front of each other. Would anyone be interested in sitting "in front of" rather than "beside" someone?

I think the Athletic Dept will be making a mistake if they don't try to pair up the single seats in that way.

I certainly would not want to be "moved" by the AD. I picked my seats because of where they are located. Now, if they wanted to move me and give me my $275 back as a incentive, that's another story...:)

We are talking about moving you one seat to the right or left. Period. If you are on the aisle you don't get moved at all. It was made clear to everyone prior to the start of the the seat selection process that the U reserved the right to make minor adjustments in order to maximize the number of seats that are sold. I have to believe that this is a procedure that is implemented by every entertainment facility in the world. It is no big deal.

We are talking about moving you one seat to the right or left. Period. If you are on the aisle you don't get moved at all. It was made clear to everyone prior to the start of the the seat selection process that the U reserved the right to make minor adjustments in order to maximize the number of seats that are sold. I have to believe that this is a procedure that is implemented by every entertainment facility in the world. It is no big deal.

Many of the soon to be open singles are the obstructed view seats on the aisles. It is quite possible that to pair up singles one behind the other that this would entail moving an aisle seat group inward (the group in the row before/after the obstructed view aisle). If they move groups some people will end up pissed and there's no getting around it. Overall though I think the U should do what they need to do. (Disclaimer: it's easy for me to say this because there are no singles open around me).

In order to get your $275 back, you'll have to be moved out of the stadium. I think the following would be OK for me:
1. Move a seat over left or right as long as it is not an aisle seat.
2. Move a row up in the lower level or down in the upper level as long as it is not the first row or the last row.
3. Offer me the option to buy an empty single next to me and include it with my current priority.
4. Offer an incentive to current season ticket holder to purchase an additional seat for this year. I.E. free seatback rental, $50 discount for the seat, etc.

In order to get your $275 back, you'll have to be moved out of the stadium. I think the following would be OK for me:
1. Move a seat over left or right as long as it is not an aisle seat.
2. Move a row up in the lower level or down in the upper level as long as it is not the first row or the last row.
3. Offer me the option to buy an empty single next to me and include it with my current priority.
4. Offer an incentive to current season ticket holder to purchase an additional seat for this year. I.E. free seatback rental, $50 discount for the seat, etc.

Regarding #3 and #4... I tried that. This is EXACTLY my situation and I WANT that extra seat. That was a no-go. I had to fork over 10 bucks and get to the back of the line (season ticket waiting list) with an application for one stinkin' seat. All this in hopes that I get a chance to select that hanging single seat as a season ticket waiting list member. So, if the course is reversed and #3 or #4 came true, I'd want my $10 back that I spent playing by the rules or other money back if others got breaks on buying the singles and I had to pay full price after sitting on the waiting list.

I'm assumning others are in my shoes, or could be coaxed into buying another seat if the ticket office called them. This would eliminate a lot (but not all) of those hanging singles.

Regarding #3 and #4... I tried that. This is EXACTLY my situation and I WANT that extra seat. That was a no-go. I had to fork over 10 bucks and get to the back of the line (season ticket waiting list) with an application for one stinkin' seat. All this in hopes that I get a chance to select that hanging single seat as a season ticket waiting list member. So, if the course is reversed and #3 or #4 came true, I'd want my $10 back that I spent playing by the rules or other money back if others got breaks on buying the singles and I had to pay full price after sitting on the waiting list.

I'm assumning others are in my shoes, or could be coaxed into buying another seat if the ticket office called them. This would eliminate a lot (but not all) of those hanging singles.

The difference being that you were trying to buy the hanging single DURING the selection process. It's only fair that the people behind you on the list and those on the waiting list have a chance to select that single if they so choose.

The scenario defined would come into play once all seat selections are done. THEN the ticket office should contact people and offer to have them buy the hanging singles next to them.

My count as of 14:45 CDT

40 + 100 + 102 + 74 + 71 + 10 = 397.

That would be nearly 1000 less than ATTF counted last night.

I'll wait for his official total. They might sell it out tomorrow.

That would be great news!

GM

40 + 100 + 102 + 74 + 71 + 10 = 397.

That would be nearly 1000 less than ATTF counted last night.

I'll wait for his official total. They might sell it out tomorrow.

That would be great news!

GM

Is your total only consecutive seats? Their are only 390 consecutive seats left. I count a total of 749 tickets left. With 458 selected today all the consecutive seats should be gone by tomorrow.

Is your total only consecutive seats? Their are only 390 consecutive seats left. I count a total of 749 tickets left. With 458 selected today all the consecutive seats should be gone by tomorrow.

you're right on, 390 'consecutive' seats left

If only single seats remain, do they call that a sellout?

Top Bottom