Total day event

TNGophfan

Reaction score
For someone who lives far away and not able to attend, can some of you who were able to do the full day (even if it started at 6:00 for breakfast) give a recap on how good the tailgate, event, post-tailgate, beer-gardens, etc were for an event day?

Thanks,

My thoughts on non-game festivities.

- The tailgating lots were a disappointment. I was near two of them. The lot I was in ($1000 lot) was maybe 60% full. A lot that was closer (probably 2 blocks from the stadium) but was more expensive was barely 40% full. I think the U could make more money next year by dropping the prices of the parking spots next year if so few people are going to park there.

- On the positive side, because of the shortage of people in the lots, there was definitely no shortage of the portable toilets.

- I can't say enough about how great it is to be back on campus. It was just awesome to see all the people, on campus, in maroon and gold.

- One of the best parts of the day was the victory walk. I mean, it was a sea of maroon and gold for 2 blocks. (attached are a couple photos of that)

- Getting in the stadium was a nightmare. The line I was in, I moved probably 10 feet in about 15 minutes, and there was a huge line behind me too. I switched lines that was much better. The band performance was nice, but it's going to have to move. They had to cut a line in half which added to the problems of people trying to get in.

- The pregame atmosphere in the stadium was the best I've ever been a part of for any game, any sports. Simply awesome.

Attachments

• DSCN0424.jpg
    DSCN0424.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 40
  • DSCN0425.jpg
    DSCN0425.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCN0428.jpg
    DSCN0428.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 40

My thoughts on non-game festivities.

- The tailgating lots were a disappointment. I was near two of them. The lot I was in ($1000 lot) was maybe 60% full. A lot that was closer (probably 2 blocks from the stadium) but was more expensive was barely 40% full. I think the U could make more money next year by dropping the prices of the parking spots next year if so few people are going to park there.

- On the positive side, because of the shortage of people in the lots, there was definitely no shortage of the portable toilets.

- I can't say enough about how great it is to be back on campus. It was just awesome to see all the people, on campus, in maroon and gold.

- One of the best parts of the day was the victory walk. I mean, it was a sea of maroon and gold for 2 blocks. (attached are a couple photos of that)

- Getting in the stadium was a nightmare. The line I was in, I moved probably 10 feet in about 15 minutes, and there was a huge line behind me too. I switched lines that was much better. The band performance was nice, but it's going to have to move. They had to cut a line in half which added to the problems of people trying to get in.

- The pregame atmosphere in the stadium was the best I've ever been a part of for any game, any sports. Simply awesome.

i am sure the donation-parking lots for season ticket holders will continue to fill-up as the season(s) go on and more and more people realize that they want to be tailgating right near the stadium. unfortunately, minnesotans are very good at being stubborn and holding-out when it comes to spending money on stuff they know they want to spend money on (falsely thinking it is somehow going to change) AND then finally giving in and spending the money they know they should have spent in the first place.

I park in a ramp lot... yawn. But went to the McNamara building for the Victory Walk and hung out there. It was great. The place was packed, food was pretty good and big screen tv's to watch other games. All I can say is we are being a Big Ten football program. Students were walking around chanting MINNESOTA....

It sure beats pulling up 10 minutes before the game starts and walking to your seat.

I can only speak for my lot but Ski-U-Mah lot was not boring. I didn't get there until 4pm..but I could barely get my car down the ailes (Which is a good thing). Everyone around us was having a great party..and under control. Strangers were mingling..beer flowing, brats grilling.

Tailgating was pretty darn fun in Ski-U-Mah.

I didn't end up tailgating yesterday due to some other circumstances that I won't get into, but will be doing a lot in the future. I was pleased to see that my St Paul Fairgrounds lot looked like a great tailgating lot with tents and flags all over the place. Looking forward to getting there at 7am next week.

Top Bottom