tornadoes in minneapolis

I spent the afternoon in the 15th, 16th and 17th hundred blocks of Upton and Thomas aves n. The majority of the trees are down. I stopped counting at 12 cars crushed by trees. I counted at least 7 homes totally destroyed and dozens of others missing roofs and blown out windows. It was impossible to drive into the area because of the fallen trees.

I would be remiss if I didn't point out it was disheartening to see on TV when I got home several trucks clearing trees in St. Louis Park on ONE street when I didn't see ANY anywhere on the north side. Now in fairness, they may have been contracted by St. Louis Park (and not the county). I will also give Kudos to Mayor Rybak for being on the ground moving trees and directing fire and police personally.

I spent the afternoon in the 15th, 16th and 17th hundred blocks of Upton and Thomas aves n. The majority of the trees are down. I stopped counting at 12 cars crushed by trees. I counted at least 7 homes totally destroyed and dozens of others missing roofs and blown out windows. It was impossible to drive into the area because of the fallen trees.

I would be remiss if I didn't point out it was disheartening to see on TV when I got home several trucks clearing trees in St. Louis Park on ONE street when I didn't see ANY anywhere on the north side. Now in fairness, they may have been contracted by St. Louis Park (and not the county). I will also give Kudos to Mayor Rybak for being on the ground moving trees and directing fire and police personally.

I live on 16 hundred block of Vincent. it's definitely crazy. I was lucky not to have too much damage, but a lot of my neighbors had trees thru them or cars crushed.

You live in that area?

I went up to help a friend who lives on Emerson. His house is a total loss. The roof was torn completely off and the upstairs is starting collapse. We got everything of value out of the house. We discussed taking the appliance, but in the end we decided to pack up and leave. I did enjoy cutting up trees. There was a great sense of solidarity, but there were a bunch a-holes laughing at people's wrecked homes and an unbelievable number of gawkers. It's gonna be crazy up there tonight. The vibe was not good. Lots of people on the streets and lots of cops with AR15s.

I live on 16 hundred block of Vincent. it's definitely crazy. I was lucky not to have too much damage, but a lot of my neighbors had trees thru them or cars crushed.

You live in that area?

While I graduated from North Community High, I live in the northern suburbs. I was down there checking on family members.

I went up to help a friend who lives on Emerson. His house is a total loss. The roof was torn completely off and the upstairs is starting collapse. We got everything of value out of the house. We discussed taking the appliance, but in the end we decided to pack up and leave. I did enjoy cutting up trees. There was a great sense of solidarity, but there were a bunch a-holes laughing at people's wrecked homes and an unbelievable number of gawkers. It's gonna be crazy up there tonight. The vibe was not good. Lots of people on the streets and lots of cops with AR15s.

Apparently, the looting started just minutes after the rain ended. Nice. They now have a dusk to dawn curfew. Nice.

Top Bottom