Torin Pettaway originally committed to Wisconsin in January and flipped to the Gophers in March. He's now back with UW.

I’m not too beat up over this one. This is exactly why PJ stacked a ton of recruits early anyways. You can't keep them all in this era. If anything, it just shows that coach debo maybe isn't as invincible recruiting as we thought he was.

Would rather have them change their mind earlier than later.

NIL could flip him back... again
We have to let him go. We actually are really deep at DL over these recruiting classes and you just can't trust a person who seems to like WI this much.

When I was in my 20s, I went through a messy break up with a girl I had dated a few months. During the break up, I found out that she had dabbled in a little meth. It went from feeling like a break up to a great sense of relief - dodged a bullet.

We dodged a bullet here. Being a Badger is worse than dabbling in meth.

We have to let him go. We actually are really deep at DL over these recruiting classes and you just can't trust a person who seems to like WI this much.

When I was in my 20s, I went through a messy break up with a girl I had dated a few months. During the break up, I found out that she had dabbled in a little meth. It went from feeling like a break up to a great sense of relief - dodged a bullet.

I'm pretty sure they often go hand in hand.

50a0a717-2db8-4b5d-b698-5b4aa56bca95_text.gif

define the word "commitment" -- from Dictionary.com. Once again I maintain that the use of the word commitment in terms of college sports recruiting is a misnomer.
  1. a pledge or promise; obligation:
    We have made a commitment to pay our bills on time
  2. dedication; allegiance:
    They have a sincere commitment to religion.

Stuff like this really shows how much the current landscape has impacted how high school recruiting is viewed. Not that long ago people would be going nuts anytime a high school recruit decommited.

High school recruiting is still important but with the way guys move around you can see how fans are much less invested in these players now.

Guarantee transfer next year back to Minnesota then off to Bowling Green the next year.

Stuff like this really shows how much the current landscape has impacted how high school recruiting is viewed. Not that long ago people would be going nuts anytime a high school recruit decommited.

High school recruiting is still important but with the way guys move around you can see how fans are much less invested in these players now.
Absolutely true. It's why our commitment threads on here get much fewer responses than before. It's fun and nice to know you are on the guys radar, but it doesn't necessarily mean he's coming here.

Doesn't surprise me, but seems to be awfully quick after the summer splash.

Doesn't surprise me, but seems to be awfully quick after the summer splash.
Maybe after spending all that time around each other one the parties decided it wasn't a good fit.

Top Bottom