Top QB Favors Ducks But Gophers in Mix

station19

Reaction score
"Seth Green, the junior quarterback from East Ridge High School in Woodbury, who could become a consensus all-state player within a couple of months, told Sports Headliners he ranks Oregon ahead of the many other colleges pursuing him.

Green has heard from a lot of schools and has offers from Oregon, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Toledo and Wisconsin. Asked if he leans toward one day playing for Oregon, he answered, “Yes, sir.” He plans to announce his college choice by early next summer—at the latest."

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

"Seth Green, the junior quarterback from East Ridge High School in Woodbury, who could become a consensus all-state player within a couple of months, told Sports Headliners he ranks Oregon ahead of the many other colleges pursuing him.

Green has heard from a lot of schools and has offers from Oregon, Illinois, Iowa, Louisville, Minnesota, Pittsburgh, Toledo and Wisconsin. Asked if he leans toward one day playing for Oregon, he answered, “Yes, sir.” He plans to announce his college choice by early next summer—at the latest."

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/
doomed.gif

Well, if he chooses Oregon, we will know why. "Grass is greener there."

Kill's gotta find a QB eventually! None of the big boys wanted Lynch at that position. Just need two or three of them since none would survive by himself at this level.

Our management of the QB position has been...not great.

If by management you include getting quality QB talent then yes there hasn't been much success there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know how people thought we would land one of the top QBs in the country (in his class) looking at our offense and the never ending carousel at QB...It's still early though and if Mitch shows some improvement and our offense becomes a little more balanced he may give the Gophers more of a chance. They have to show that they can develop a QB (Jordan Lynch is not a QB) before we will have any chance at this kid or any other highly rated QB.

Word from someone in the know at East Ridge is that the Gophers have little to no chance, especially after the Duck's offer. I think the way it was put was, "I can tell you where he isn't going."

Word from someone in the know at East Ridge is that the Gophers have little to no chance, especially after the Duck's offer. I think the way it was put was, "I can tell you where he isn't going."

The thing that really sucks with this one is that his dad even played for the gophers yet we still have little chance. The fact that he even has a favorite not named us this early in the process is all you need to know. And Green IMO is more valuable than Jeff, Cornell, Floyd, Henderson or any other top MN prospect since probably Joe Mauer. I know many disagree but i think we win 9-10 games this year which will keep us in it till the end.

QB recruiting is a crapshoot. Most top QB recruits end up transferring these days anyway if they're not starting by their 3rd year. Hope we get the kid but having arm talent doesn't always equate to playing well, especially in our offense which isnt exactly QB friendly

I don't know how people thought we would land one of the top QBs in the country (in his class) looking at our offense and the never ending carousel at QB...It's still early though and if Mitch shows some improvement and our offense becomes a little more balanced he may give the Gophers more of a chance. They have to show that they can develop a QB (Jordan Lynch is not a QB) before we will have any chance at this kid or any other highly rated QB.

Huh?

Lynch could pass and run. Check out his stats. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=181386

Chandler Harnish was no slouch either. http://stats.washingtonpost.com/cfb/players.asp?id=156697

Damn I really like this kid. I think Perra is going to pan out big time though.

Seth Green is dead to me.

Lynch was a product of a talented team in the MAC. I think he is a poor example of development. Was Harnish recruited by Kill?

So the guy that they recruited and developed who was a heisman finalist isn't a qb, and was a system product, and the guy they didn't recruit proves what exactly? That they don't know how to recruit qbs?

So the guy that they recruited and developed who was a heisman finalist isn't a qb, and was a system product, and the guy they didn't recruit proves what exactly? That they don't know how to recruit qbs?

Harnish was a better QB in my opinion. I think kids want to play in the NFL and Kill recruits QB's for his system. The struggles at the position the last four years are not helping recruit.

The thing that really sucks with this one is that his dad even played for the gophers yet we still have little chance. The fact that he even has a favorite not named us this early in the process is all you need to know. And Green IMO is more valuable than Jeff, Cornell, Floyd, Henderson or any other top MN prospect since probably Joe Mauer. I know many disagree but i think we win 9-10 games this year which will keep us in it till the end.

Ragnow, Green, Carlberg - they all give lip service. They end up elsewhere.

I can never blame a kid for wanting to play for national championships. That said, personally as a player I'd want to go where I have a very high likelihood of being the starter. These schools amass highly rated recruits every year. Oregon recruited the number 4 dual threat QB in the country in their 2015 class and he carries a better offer list than Green.

The chance of playing for championships is going to be relatively low as Stanford has their number and USC has an awesome defense and a resurgent offense under Sark.

Better strategy would involve coming to MN where he'll be anointed starter and get plenty of airtime instead of a real chance of riding the pine at a helmet school. Plus

what ever happened to that young QB from the north suburbs.... Andover?
the leftie...
some said he was better than Green.

btw, i saw Green once last year and was not impressed.. very slow footed.. weak arm.. BUT that was a year ago.. most likely has improved..
Green vs Perra.. I'd go Perra.

It's interesting you say that because I remember questioning the gopherhole community why he was so highly rated. His stats were pedestrian and he didn't look that dynamic on tape. Figured stats related to system, offensive help, etc

Apparently he, like JC Hassenauer before him, is a workout warrior and has impressed at camps. I'm talking out of my ass as I don't really know anything about Seth Green other than his dad is a big SEC fan and probably figures he didn't make it to the NFL because he didn't go to a helmet school.

I don't need a Jordan Lynch. Just give me like a Nate Sudfeld or a Devin Gardner, and I'll be content. I'm not looking for an all conference QB. Just someone who isn't totally lost out there.

Is Kill's offense suited for recruiting top qb's and competing for Big Ten championships?

It's interesting you say that because I remember questioning the gopherhole community why he was so highly rated. His stats were pedestrian and he didn't look that dynamic on tape. Figured stats related to system, offensive help, etc

Apparently he, like JC Hassenauer before him, is a workout warrior and has impressed at camps. I'm talking out of my ass as I don't really know anything about Seth Green other than his dad is a big SEC fan and probably figures he didn't make it to the NFL because he didn't go to a helmet school.

never question the GH community on local kids... especially east metro... for some reason, folks are very emotional over there.. I'm sure you were hit with the standard 'do you think you know more than a dozen D1 recruiting coordinators ".

the leftie...

btw, i saw Green once last year and was not impressed.. very slow footed.. weak arm.. BUT that was a year ago.. most likely has improved..

You're probably thinking of Wilkie and the comparison between him and Green as a recruit is not even close.

Lets not forget that Perra and Wilkie were seniors last year while Green was a sophomore. I like Perra A LOT but I would take Green over him in a heart beat.

I've watched Green play live 5-6 times and posted this in the 2016 recruiting thread. He's impressive, but never wowed me. When East Ridge played a good but not great CDH team last year, they had at least 3 future D-1 recruits on offense - Hassenauer, Green, and George Behr. They scored 7 points. At home. A lot of his stats have come against the really weak teams in the conference. If you went to an East Ridge game and didn't know who he was, you would never guess that he has multiple D-1 offers. I was much more impressed with Lamonte Edwards in high school, but Green is still young.

Obviously college coaches like what they see in workouts, so maybe he's improved a lot over the last year. I'll be at a game later this month and am interested to see how he looks.

the leftie...

At DII Southwest Minnesota State.

Top Bottom