Tony Dungy

bailee88

Reaction score
I wonder if he would ever be interested in being the AD at the U of M.

Pipe dream. Looks like all he's interested in doing until the day he dies is helping out young men. Part of the reason he took the NBC job is they allow him airtime to talk about his causes.

Pipe dream. Looks like all he's interested in doing until the day he dies is helping out young men. Part of the reason he took the NBC job is they allow him airtime to talk about his causes.

When will people start to understand that Tony Dungy knows exactly what he wants to do for the rest of his life, and it will not include the U in any way. He will show up on campus to make an appearance every once and awhile - but that will be all. Just like PlayHosea stated, what Tony wants to do is to work with young men and try to help them in any way he can. Tony is retired from football. Period.

Exactly. People need to just realize that Dungy isn't going to be part of the Gopher athletics program in any capacity. Maturi did his due dilegence before the Brewster hire in asking him. It was lucky we even got Dungy to show up and support the on-campus stadium.

I've never seen so many morons commenting on Strib articles calling for him to be hired. It isn't gonna happen. Quit acting like the U is stupid for not hiring him. He would have had the job in 2007 if he wanted it.

Exactly. People need to just realize that Dungy isn't going to be part of the Gopher athletics program in any capacity. Maturi did his due dilegence before the Brewster hire in asking him. It was lucky we even got Dungy to show up and support the on-campus stadium.

I've never seen so many morons commenting on Strib articles calling for him to be hired. It isn't gonna happen. Quit acting like the U is stupid for not hiring him. He would have had the job in 2007 if he wanted it.

But this is ultimate fairweather, noninformed, outsider opinion in Minnesota, basically, the Gophers suck, wait? Tony Dungy graduated from the Uof MN? Holy crap! I didn't know that. Oh he should definitely be their football coach, I always wanted him to coach the vikings, I always said, we should have gotten rid of Dennis Green and given the job to Dungy.
Man, the Gophers should definitely get him to coach, then I'd buy tickets for sure, well, at least until they lost a game, then I'd never show up, it's too cold anyway,and I can't drink beer at that new Gopher stadium, I'll just sell my tickets for face value on stubhub and post nasty comments on the Strib website about him and the gophers.
Man, the Gophers suck.

Tell you don't know people like this.

Tell you don't know people like this.

Yeah, I guess I forgot. Guess I've been living in Wisconsin for too long.
Or maybe just hoped that those folks would forever keep their mouths shut.

Wishful thinking on my part.

This says it all from from page 84 of Tony Dungy's book "Quiet Strength".

"I was also thinking of Lauren (his wife). She was more anxious than anyone for me to get a head coaching job in another city so that we could escape the Minnesota winters."

Top Bottom