Tom Powers: For the Gophers, it's one in the Bank

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Powers:

The half-baked crowd -- from the sun, not the beer garden -- appeared to have a great time. A full section of students showed up, too, which is always good. Let's hope the maintenance crew thoroughly hoses the place down before the next home game in a couple of weeks. It was like a perspiration festival out there.

The Gophers appear to need some work on their field goal/extra point kicking game. Their next official practice will be Sept. 7 at New Mexico State. Otherwise, they appear to be progressing nicely. They have to keep chomping those cream puffs. No nibbling allowed.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_23979055/tom-powers-gophers-its-one-bank

Go Gophers!!

Hehehe. "Practice"

Sent from my PLAYSTATION PHONE using tapatalk

An actual positive article on the Gopher win. Nice.

Read like another mailed in piece of fluff by someone that went to the Vikings game.

Nice to see Powers can pull out cliches from both the Mason and Brewster years in his article. What a massive tool.

"Positive" my butt. that was Powers showing everyone how "clever" he is by appearing to congratulate the Gophers on a win - when in fact the real point of the article was that the Gophs beat a "cupcake" because that's the only way they can qualify for a lower-tier bowl game.

I honestly don't think there is anything the Gophs can do to make some of the Twin Cities media people take them seriously. I guarantee, if the Gophs beat Wisconsin this year, people like Powers will dismiss the game because the Badgers have a new coach and are in "transition."

Jesus Christ. You can never win on GopherHole, eh?

Top Bottom