Tom Powers, Brewster and Conzemius

Iceland12

Reaction score
All these are from the Sports section of today's Pioneer Press www.twincities.com.

Tom Powers on the opener:

"On top of that, it's the opening night for high school football, with big games such as Totino-Grace at Minnetonka and Anoka at Blaine on tap. Finally, the Golden Gophers open their football season against Middle Tennessee State tonight. Fortunately for local traffic control, that one's taking place in Murfreesboro, Tenn. And it's difficult to envision traffic backing up all the way to Murfreesboro..The Gophers are opening a critical season under coach Tim Brewster. There is a sense of now or never for Brother Brewster.. Middle Tennessee State of the Sun Belt Conference, is a good team and will provide a tough test right away. Either the team surprises this season, or there might be changes made. "

Marcus Fuller has a Brewster quote on Gray:

"I was five years as an assistant in the National Football League," Brewster told Brando on Nashville's SportsRadio 560. "He's a top 10 pick in the first round as a wide receiver. I think he's got that kind of ability. He's extremely dynamic. What a mismatch issue he causes defenses with his size outside."

Whoa! Sounds as though Brewster is trying to convince Gray he should make the full-time switch this year. That would sell me on it. But I'm not sure Gray will bite just yet. It might take a few 100-yard receiving games and some national attention."

Justin Conzemius in Charley Walters column:

"Former Gophers football captain Justin Conzemius, who returns for a ninth season as KFAN-AM's candid college football analyst on Thursday mornings, on this season's Gophers: "They have a very challenging schedule, but I like the staff (coach) Tim Brewster has put together. The scheme on both sides is much less complicated than in past years, which will make it much easier to execute.

"In the past, it seemed the offense was confused, and that resulted in penalties and unnecessary timeouts. If the offensive line can establish a solid running game, (QB) Adam Weber will have a big year.

"The defense is really young and will have its ups and downs, but the defensive tackles — Jewhan Edwards and Brandon Kirksey — might be one of the top tandems in the Big Ten.

"In year four, Brewster needs to finish at least 6-6 and be competitive in each game."

And finally Tim Brewster in Charley's column make a point about experts (not connected to the above by the way):

— Coach Tim Brewster on prognosticators forecasting a lousy season for his Gophers football team: "There are a lot of people out there who don't know nothing about nothing."

Coach Tim Brewster on prognosticators forecasting a lousy season for his Gophers football team: "There are a lot of people out there who don't know nothing about nothing."

This is my new favorite Brewster quote. If I didn't like my current sig as much as I do, this would be it.

I read the quote from Brew this morning and questioned out loud where that pissed off, chip on the shoulder attitude has been. I am loving the new pissed off Brew.

I read the quote from Brew this morning and questioned out loud where that pissed off, chip on the shoulder attitude has been. I am loving the new pissed off Brew.

Definately. Brew turning heel is a huge step for our program.

Top Bottom