Tom Dienhart's best/worst pick from each Big Ten school since 2005

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
MINNESOTA
Best pick: RB Laurence Maroney, 1st, Patriots, 2006. Maroney rushed for 2,504 yards and 21 touchdowns in six seasons, to go along with 459 yards and a touchdown through the air.

Worst pick: DT Anthony Montgomery, 5th, Redskins, 2006. In four seasons with Washington, Montgomery racked up 78 tackles and three sacks.

Once again Dienhart makes no sense. I don't know how this cannot be Decker or Barber as the best pick.

And Nate Triplett was also a 5th rounder with only 4 career tackles. It's like he does no research.

http://btn.com/2015/05/05/tom-dienharts-bestworst-pick-from-each-big-ten-school-since-2005/

Once again Dienhart makes no sense. I don't know how this cannot be Decker or Barber as the best pick.

And Nate Triplett was also a 5th rounder with only 4 career tackles. It's like he does no research.

http://btn.com/2015/05/05/tom-dienharts-bestworst-pick-from-each-big-ten-school-since-2005/

Here's the list of Gopher draft picks from 2005 to present (http://www.gophersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/11-nfl-draft-history.html):

2015: Maxx Williams, Damien Wilson, David Cobb, Cedric Thompson

2014: Ra'Shede Hageman, Brock Vereen

2010: Eric Decker, Nate Triplett

2008: Dominique Barber

2007: Matt Spaeth

2006: Laurence Maroney, Anthony Montgomery, Greg Eslinger, Mark Setterstrom

2005: Marion Barber III

MB3 is the most obvious vs. Maroney because they were the same position, Barber played 7 years in the NFL and went for 4780 yds and 53 TD rushing and 1330 yds and 6 TD receiving. All significantly better than Maroney. And he was a 4th round pick vs. a 1st round. Frankly, Maroney was disappointing as a 1st rounder...

Decker could be argued to be a benefactor of a system as obviously last year his numbers were down. Still probably merits discussion, but with only 4 seasons, it's probably too early to elevate him to that level.

"Worst pick: DT Anthony Montgomery, 5th, Redskins, 2006. In four seasons with Washington, Montgomery racked up 78 tackles and three sacks."

I'm O.K. with it. Now we get to tell recruits that "according to experts" the WORST guy we've had drafted in the past 10+ years had a 4 year career with 78 tackles. So if you get drafted, the chances are that you'll have a pretty productive pro career.

Not to be that guy, but I'm that guy.

Brewster 2 picks
Kill 4 picks

Triplett must've looked horrible in camp.

He had great measurables.

Eslinger never had a chance. He was just too small.

Maroney couldn't lay off the chronic. Or the guns. Or the bad friends. Or the bad choices. I guess he couldn't stop being Maroney. Too bad.

Top Bottom