Tom Brady officially retiring

BleedGopher

Reaction score
It will be interesting if he makes the HOF.

Just kidding. The undisputed GOAT.

Amazing career.

Skol Vikes!!

The Packers won't trade Rogers to an NFC team.

During his media availability in Minneapolis this week, Brady reminisced on his favorite Minnesota memories, including the time he first tried chewing tobacco. During the car ride back to the farm from a family fishing trip, Brady asked his uncles to try some of their Beech-nut tobacco. “[My uncles] said, ‘Look, if we give [tobacco] to you, then you can’t spit it out until you get home,’” Brady said. “And it was like a 30-minute ride back my grandpa’s farm. So of course they give it to me, and within five minutes, I’m outside the car throwing up all over the place.”

Go Bowerville, MN!!

To fans like us who are still waiting for our first world championship, Brady's SEVEN TITLES is almost incomprehensible. Safe to say, that's a record that ought to stand for a good long time if not forever.

He will receive $15 Million if he retires after Feb 4 as per his contract

Spotrac

@spotrac

FWIW: $15M of Tom Brady’s $20M signing bonus from last March is set to be paid out February 4th, 2022. Seems like something a guy or gal would want to have process before making any life changing career decisions official.

Noooo. Was hoping he'd bring another SB win to our Gophers alumni

isn't he under contract with TB for next year if he decides to play?

isn't he under contract with TB for next year if he decides to play? However, if he retires before February 4, Brady will be giving up $15million out of a $20million signing bonus. Should he stay on through that date, Spotrac reports that Brady's entire salary would be guaranteed but voided if he decides to retire.
ESPN first reported Brady's retirement on Saturday, citing unidentified sources. Brady's company also posted a tweet indicating he's retiring, and reaction began pouring in from around the world congratulating Brady on his career.

But the tweet was later deleted, and Brady’s agent, Don Yee, said the 44-year-old quarterback would be the only person to accurately express his future..

The legendary quarterback, 44, agreed to a one-year extension with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers through the 2022 season, worth $25million, in March 2021. However, if he retires before February 4, Brady will be giving up $15million out of a $20million signing bonus. Should he stay on through that date, Spotrac reports that Brady's entire salary would be guaranteed
but voided if he decides to retire..

The deal was worth $50million, and according to multiple reports, Brady's extra year reportedly saved the team $19 million against the salary cap this year. It also includes a no-trade clause and a no-franchise or transition tag clause..

isn't he under contract with TB for next year if he decides to play?
I would think he could manipulate it to leave if he really wanted to, or just retire. I was just throwing it out there as a "what if?"

Just heard this on Dan Patrick. Brady makes it official. He's quitting. If you click on his Twitter account his message goes on for awhile. He could have started writing it last Friday..:unsure:

Amazing twitter thread by Brady, he gushes over Tampa and not a single mention of New England.

Skol Vikes!!

No kidding. 8 screens long and no mention of the team that gave him 6 of his 7 Super Bowl wins.

Maybe it was Belichick related. A cynic could say that maybe the $15 million that Tampa owes Brady mave have had something to do with it too. ;)

Last edited:

So is he not getting the $15M no matter what?

Just absurd. Brady literally made Tampa what it has been the last two years. They would be nothing without him coming down there.

$15M is peanuts.

thumb_pay-that-man-his-money-memegenerator-net-pay-that-man-his-48933467.png

So Brady and the dad deny the report and come out a day later with the retirement.

Brilliant, Tom! Simply brilliant!

Long overdue!

Biden Promises To Replace Retiring Quarterback With Woman of Color

"Listen, folks, it's time," said Biden to the press. "In the hundred-year history of the NFL, not a single quarterback has ever been a woman of color. That's racist! We all know that poor women are just as smart and powerful as white kids. As president, I will nominate a new quarterback to replace Tom Brady that reflects America's diversity."

When told he doesn't have the authority to nominate quarterbacks to the NFL, Biden told his staff he would just sign the executive order and let the courts deal with it later.

"There's no excuse," said Biden. When I used to play Nine Pins with Jehoshaphat Jenkins and the townsfolk, we always used to let the black women play with us. I was a civil rights hero, darn it! It's time for the rest of the world to catch up!"

So far, candidates being considered for the empty position include Michelle Obama, Tyler Perry, and Colin Kaepernick in a woman's wig.

Long overdue!

Biden Promises To Replace Retiring Quarterback With Woman of Color

"Listen, folks, it's time," said Biden to the press. "In the hundred-year history of the NFL, not a single quarterback has ever been a woman of color. That's racist! We all know that poor women are just as smart and powerful as white kids. As president, I will nominate a new quarterback to replace Tom Brady that reflects America's diversity."

When told he doesn't have the authority to nominate quarterbacks to the NFL, Biden told his staff he would just sign the executive order and let the courts deal with it later.

"There's no excuse," said Biden. When I used to play Nine Pins with Jehoshaphat Jenkins and the townsfolk, we always used to let the black women play with us. I was a civil rights hero, darn it! It's time for the rest of the world to catch up!"

So far, candidates being considered for the empty position include Michelle Obama, Tyler Perry, and Colin Kaepernick in a woman's wig.
Gotta be honest. Pretty cringe.

Top Bottom