Today's Uniform Combo?

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
I'm going to go with the classic home uniform.

Gold pants Maroon jersey.

maroon_gold_400h.jpg

About time. I don't like the underwear uniforms.

White is not a school color.

And the Gophers are not obligated to wear 'all-white' on the road........they chose to.

I understand that. I'm just pointing out it's not an apples-to-apples comparison when saying Wisconsin doesn't wear gold. They never would have to.

I understand that. I'm just pointing out it's not an apples-to-apples comparison when saying Wisconsin doesn't wear gold. They never would have to.

And the Gopher would never have to wear white pants.......just pointing out.:)

Not as big a fan of the maroon on gold look. It's okay, not great.

And I LOVED the all whites!

Lived the look today. My favorite color combo. #2 is the gold top maroon bottoms which should be worn for "solid gold" days (not the all gold IMO...). The new maroon is the sharpest looking I've seen, well, ever. I tend to like the darker shades (not USC/ISU cardinal), but the Brewster era ones were a bit brown. Conversely, Mason era ones looked a little red (unless sweated in). These are perfect.

I know all white was not an option for a home game, but I'm not really a fan anyway. I think white on gold pants is the best away look. With the maroon helmet you get our 2 major colors in while highlighting gold.

Side note: I'm really pleased the marketing department recognizes the value in a "brand." Did anyone notice that ALL lettering in the stadium (besides previously affixed items) has the new font? The numbers/words on the scoreboard had the same font as our jerseys. Same with the cheerleader cards. Etc. Makes you feel like that is OUR font, a MINNESOTA look. It's important.

Side note 2: they used the full video board for replays and some videos (including the one before the team entered). Finally. Awesome.

Side note: I'm really pleased the marketing department recognizes the value in a "brand." Did anyone notice that ALL lettering in the stadium (besides previously affixed items) has the new font? The numbers/words on the scoreboard had the same font as our jerseys. Same with the cheerleader cards. Etc. Makes you feel like that is OUR font, a MINNESOTA look. It's important.

Side note 2: they used the full video board for replays and some videos (including the one before the team entered). Finally. Awesome.

+1

I noticed the new font right away and from Sec 233 you can actually read the game stat section on the video board! Use that new font everywhere - End zones - anyone?
I was disappointed that there was only one shirt at Goldys locker room for sale with the new font, some Champion brand shirt but no Nike stuff with it that i saw.
maroon over gold = a fantastic look!

The matte finish on helmet seems to make the M stand out more.

Ditch the numbers on top of the shoulder pads and the jerseys are awesome.

I was utterly shocked to see this, but also very pleased. It's a very small thing, but at least now it seems that somebody is actually thinking of these small things.

Top Bottom