Today's Brew tweet ....

harrys ghost

Reaction score
"I love getting calls from High School coaches saying the Gophers are flat out-working other schools on the road!! Go Gophers!!"

I hope it has a happy ending. :)

Brew does not hesitate to pat himself on the back on Twitter.

It might be his first post, but he's correct ... imo

Not really, he is usually patting the backs of players, his staff, other gopher coaches, or fans of the team. Feel free to show us where he has patted himself on the back so many times.
________
VAPORIZER

Brew does not hesitate to pat himself on the back on Twitter.

That's the point of Twitter. Don't pimp your goods and services on FB- that's annoying. That's what Twitter is for.

Is it me, or does the word Twitter seem like something a woman does in her "personal time"?

what is the over/under on when dinkything (wren) will reply to this thread....

with something about "this" brewster as he likes to say? i say it will be sometime around 1AM so it is there waiting for everyone in the morning. dinkything (wren) is so predictable like that! :rolleyes:

"I love getting calls from High School coaches saying the Gophers are flat out-working other schools on the road!! Go Gophers!!"

bronko...i'm quicker than that...you're three hours 'over'...unless you were talkin' about local time in greenland...:D:D:D

i'll be dreamin' sweet dreams at 1am central time...:p:p:p

btw, how do we know that a hacker didn't hack into brewster's twitter account today and post this 'phantom' tweet??:D:D:D

why is it that whenever brewster's twitter message is perceived as negative...a phantom had to have posted it...:confused::confused::confused:

and whenever his message is perceived as positive (no matter how self-aggrandizing), it musta been the real brewster doin' the twitterin'??;););)

gonna have to reflect on this one for a while...:cool02::cool02::cool02:

damn! 10PM?!? i was way off

what gives?! aren't you usually sending coach brewster creepy cryptic emails around this time of night? i thought you saved your gopherholing for the wee hours of the morn once your roommate loon went to sleep.......

I love how Brewster gives props to all the other sports team at the university and talks up how much he enjoys talking with other coaches and what not. i truly feel this guy is very passionate about this university and ALL it's athletic programs.

I can tell you a little story about one jim tressel when he all but ruined youngstown state basketball when they were on the verge of the ncaa's in the mid 90's while he was the AD and football coach here. So if anyone wants me to post it just say so :).

Agreed.

I love how Brewster gives props to all the other sports team at the university and talks up how much he enjoys talking with other coaches and what not. i truly feel this guy is very passionate about this university and ALL it's athletic programs.

I can tell you a little story about one jim tressel when he all but ruined youngstown state basketball when they were on the verge of the ncaa's in the mid 90's while he was the AD and football coach here. So if anyone wants me to post it just say so :).

Post it.

Yes I agree...his tweets on John A , JR, and Mike H have been nice to see.

That's great. Now it's time to coach 'em up.

In the mid 90's the saint that wears a sweater vest was the head football coach and AD at Youngstown State University, during this time YSU was coming off some previous football success winning a couple sub division championships here and there, however they were going through some rough stretches and during this time Dan Peters had YSU basketball on the rise competing with Valparasio for the then MID-CON title. YSU basketball went from seeing about 1,500 people max a game to regular turnouts of 6,000 and becoming a very hostile place to play in the league as the wins started to mount. After a few 18 and even a 20 win season Dan Peters resigned to take a assistant coaching job with Bob Huggins at Cinci.....now the radio play by play guy at the time i talk to on a regular basis, and he is very good, and i mean very good friends with Peters (even to this day as Peters is at Ohio State), and this gentleman I talk to swears that Peters was pushed out by JT, as JT started seeing basketball as an enemy to the football programs swagger. Word has it JT pulled the plug on his secretary making him share with olympic sports, would hog the SID's for non important stuff which was football related to keep them away from basketball in season work, and so on. JT is hailed as a god around here in ohio for some dumb reason, but during my early years at YSU i knew kids who played for him, and if you got injured and couldn't play no more, the guy from that point on never knew you existed. say what you want about clarrett and his thuggish ways, but i can tell you right on..he was probably right in everything he said about all the stuff that was handed to him at ohio state. JT's first ring he won at Youngstown was in 91 I believe with a young local city kid named Ray Issac at QB, don't ask me how but Ray Isaac had access to a new car every weekend and and ended up getting in trouble for jury tampering himself with a guy who is serving time named mickey monus (founded a company called phar-more and the World Basketball League), Tressell knew these kids were running around with Monuses money, but just like at OSU, just turned the other way. Can't wait for Minnesota to one day romp the Buckeyes!!! end of story. Hope it makes sense because this probably turned more into a rant!!

I love how Brewster gives props to all the other sports team at the university and talks up how much he enjoys talking with other coaches and what not. i truly feel this guy is very passionate about this university and ALL it's athletic programs... :).

actually, just the opposite is true...

brewster was a tweetin' and a twitterin' one day recently (or maybe it was a phantom twitter guy doin' the tweetin'?) when he thought it might be a good idea to post a tweet about the superiority of the gopher football program over all other gopher athletic programs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

within the hallowed halls of the gopher program and beyond, this bit of twitterin' went over like a lead balloon...:eek::eek::eek:

brewster was informed in no uncertain terms to discontinue this type of nonsense...:mad::mad::mad:

he's got a lot to learn...and a lot of growin' up to do....;););)

Post it.

Yes I agree...his tweets on John A , JR, and Mike H have been nice to see.

I'm in the same boat. I really like it when coaches from other teams on campus show their support for other Gopher squads. It's pretty obvious that Brewster doesn't have a problem with his players playing for other teams on campus (see Eric Decker and possibly Bryant Allen). This is one aspect about him I really like.

Are there some things that come off as a bit over-the-top? Yeah. But I'd rather have somebody that is enthusiastic about his job and other teams on campus than the other way around.

brewster was a tweetin' and a twitterin' one day recently (or maybe it was a phantom twitter guy doin' the tweetin'?) when he thought it might be a good idea to post a tweet about the superiority of the gopher football program over all other gopher athletic programs:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

within the hallowed halls of the gopher program and beyond, this bit of twitterin' went over like a lead balloon...:eek::eek::eek:

brewster was informed in no uncertain terms to discontinue this type of nonsense...:mad::mad::mad:

Do you have a link to provide? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Originally Posted by dinkything

brewster was a tweetin' and a twitterin' one day recently (or maybe it was a phantom twitter guy doin' the tweetin'?) when he thought it might be a good idea to post a tweet about the superiority of the gopher football program over all other gopher athletic programs

within the hallowed halls of the gopher program and beyond, this bit of twitterin' went over like a lead balloon...

brewster was informed in no uncertain terms to discontinue this type of nonsense...

he's got a lot to learn...and a lot of growin' up to do....

Do you have a link to provide? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

why don't you simply ask anyone remotely connected to the gopher athletic program...they are all aware...and all are (were) quite steamed about it :eek::eek::eek:

Originally Posted by dinkything

brewster was a tweetin' and a twitterin' one day recently (or maybe it was a phantom twitter guy doin' the tweetin'?) when he thought it might be a good idea to post a tweet about the superiority of the gopher football program over all other gopher athletic programs

within the hallowed halls of the gopher program and beyond, this bit of twitterin' went over like a lead balloon...

brewster was informed in no uncertain terms to discontinue this type of nonsense...

he's got a lot to learn...and a lot of growin' up to do....

why don't you simply ask anyone remotely connected to the gopher athletic program...they are all aware...and all are (were) quite steamed about it :eek::eek::eek:

Ah yes...the mysterious athletic dept connections. I don't see how they help your point. You are saying he tweeted that the FB team was better, but I'm not familiar with the tweet in question. Now, I don't follow his Twitter page religiously so I could have easily missed it. But unless you are able to link to it you seem to be claiming that a tweet went up and was taken down a 2nd time without anyone noticing. Again, if this tweet is out there I probably missed it. But if its out there you should also be able to link to it. :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

The only other thing I can come up with is that you are saying that Brew publicly announced he would post a tweet like this ahead of time and Maturi and company said no way.

I'm not saying I think he wouldn't do this. I like Brew but he's confident (cocky) enough to go overboard with that kind of statement. I just find it interesting that you seem unable or unwilling to link to the tweet in question. Care to shed some more light on where you're trying to go with this? :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Ah yes...You are saying he tweeted that the FB team was better, but I'm not familiar with the tweet in question. Now, I don't follow his Twitter page religiously so I could have easily missed it. But unless you are able to link to it you seem to be claiming that a tweet went up and was taken down a 2nd time without anyone noticing...

I'm not saying I think he wouldn't do this. I like Brew but he's confident (cocky) enough to go overboard with that kind of statement...

brewster did not use the term 'better'...rather, he used the phrase 'most important' when tweeetin' his perception of the football team's status and position in relation to other sports on campus...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

but maybe it's not brewster...maybe it's that mystery hacker again who is busy hackin' into brewster's account;););)

you say you don't follow brewster's twitter page religiously...hey...welcome to the club...:D:D:D

Football IS the most important sport at the University and rightfully so. The other Coaches at the U should already know this and know their roles. How could that make any of them steamed? That is like Coach K stating that basketball is the most important sport at DUKE, It's obvious.

I think the general idea of the post was that Brewster is thrilled that they are outworking other programs and HS coaches are noticing that. I'm not sure it is intended as a pat on the back so much as simply appreciating hearing it.

Show us your proof there Mason lovefest!

Top Bottom