Tobi Saporu of Blaine

cheeseheadgophfan

Reaction score
I was surprised to see that this guy doesn't even show up in Rivals database. Listed as a 6'3" 230 pound linebacker, he looked like a tremendous athlete in the state finals tonight. Lean and fast, he looked like he could easily add weight too. Anybody know the story on this guy?

From what I remember.....

Was a fullback last year in their old wing T and played some defense. Scored quite a bit but did not put up big rushing numbers.

Primarily defense (all defense?) this year as Blaine changed offenses. Injured his knee earlier this year and missed some time - that may have prevented him from getting on the national radars.

He started the year as their most recognizable player and has seemed to be overshadowed by the success of Peterson and also the fact that he has not been carrying the ball. Unsure of his speed, etc.

You definitely don't get the love on D if you're in high school in Minnesota.

Rivals needs to boost our instate rankings to 15.

Minnesota also needs to do a better job of highlighting the talent here. There are entire conferences that don't post stats anywhere. Or if they do it's in the off season.

There are some decent sites but coaches don't participate. This should be on the top of the agenda for every conference this off-season, a mandate to post your stats. For competitive reasons as well as for the kids who have a legit chance of going to D1 (or D2) but won't because nobody knows about them. It will raise the interest in high school football which I think is good for every program.

Top Bottom