Time to vent now

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
The game today was complete BS. Anybody that has anything positive to say about the game today can shove it because there was nothing positive about the game today.

1. It was homecoming and the biggest game the gophs have had in a long time and how did we start the game? FLAT like always. Why?

2. OL/DL might as well not even played. Seriously. words cannot describe how poorly they played today.

3. QB play? Throw the ball away once. Someone needs to work with him on his mechanics. Alot of his missed passes were because he was throwing off his back foot falling away or not squaring up. Some of this is on the OL since they didn't give him a lot of time but there were at least 3 I saw where he had plenty of time and still threw off his back foot or didn't square up.

4. I believe we were out coached in this game and I can't remember thinking that since Kill took over. This year we have made good adjustments at half time and that has worked for us, but making adjustments at halftime in the BIG10 will not work because we will be too far out of games by then. Today they seemed more than ready for us but we did not seem ready for them. We did not adjust well in the first half and I put that on the coaches.

5. We have had 2 positives so far this season that everyone has been raving about: 1) we have improved and haven't made the same stupid bone head penalties... well how did that work for us today? out of a time out on 3rd and a foot we have a false start (bone head penalty) and then don't convert on third and long, punt the ball to them and on their first play they capitalize with a TD and that is the point where we lost the game. Until then we were still in the game and even if we didn't get points on that drive before half maybe we keepthe ball out of their hands and go into half down 10-0. 2) Our defense/special teams if finally making plays! OK OK, our special teams play was still good on kick returns on punts i'm scared every time he tries to catch the ball but i'll say our special teams is the ONLY tiny positive from todays game. And yes our defense did get an interception but c'mon. Even when we knew they were going to run the ball on first down they still got 7 yards on us. Seriously? Frustrated beyond words. I felt sorry for our DB's today because they played pretty good. They tackled well when our linebackers were NEVER home and they had to cover receivers for 7-8-9 seconds at a time every passing play. 460 yards of offense put up on us by a mediocre Iowa team is sad. Just sad.

OK, I guess I kind of ended on a partial positive. Part of our defense played OK. Seriously though if this loss doesn't make you madder than h*** then you aren't a gopher fan. I was embarrassed today. Worst of all we were on national TV and we dropped a dud. Everyone on here is talking about how we need better recruits and when that happens we will be fine, well good luck with that after today. I personally heard 3 recruits talking at half time, laughing about how it is a joke to be getting blown out at homecoming in such an important game. Good luck getting those guys to come here, or any other recruit who watched us today.

OK, longest post on any website of my entire life. I'm done. Still don't feel better about today though. Good thing there is always the Vik.... Tw.... Wild?

Anybody that has anything positive to say about the game today can shove it because there was nothing positive about the game today.

A little harsh, don't you think?

OK, longest post on any website of my entire life. I'm done. Still don't feel better about today though. Good thing there is always the Vik.... Tw.... Wild?

Lynx?

Seemed like Wilson played really well. That's all I got. Assuming Devondre played poorly because Manuel played a bunch.

We don't have any good linebackers.

Some of them should get better.

They're just not that good right now.

Wilson is a big liability in pass coverage.

Lynx?

No offense but that is a woman's team. OK, maybe I mean for you to take offense to that but only because i'm still mad about losing to Iowa. I hate iowa.

I know my post was an over reaction but I had to get it out. I am very VERY disappointed in how the gophers played today. I have always been and forever will be a gophers fan. Today sucked though.

Anybody who says our linebackers played good either didn't watch the game or know nothing about football, sorry. They ran the same run play to the same hole 3 times in a row and no one plugged the gap. Thats as much on our Dline as our linebackers. Our safeties made some good tackles and came down field and filled some holes today. I have to think they will be a little sore tomorrow after all the action they got today.

We don't have any good linebackers.

Some of them should get better.

They're just not that good right now.

Wilson is a big liability in pass coverage.

Hill have a very discouraging game today.
Wilson was the best player on the defensive side today.
Campbell is still learning, but is a better player today than any of the starting LB's last year.
Manuel showed up today, and made a case for getting more playing time going forward.

Anybody who says our linebackers played good either didn't watch the game or know nothing about football, sorry. They ran the same run play to the same hole 3 times in a row and no one plugged the gap. Thats as much on our Dline as our linebackers. Our safeties made some good tackles and came down field and filled some holes today. I have to think they will be a little sore tomorrow after all the action they got today.

Agree. Wilson had a good 4th quarter, but that was it. Otherwise the linebackers were nonexistent unless they were tackling people 10 yards down the field.

3. QB play? Throw the ball away once. Someone needs to work with him on his mechanics. Alot of his missed passes were because he was throwing off his back foot falling away or not squaring up. Some of this is on the OL since they didn't give him a lot of time but there were at least 3 I saw where he had plenty of time and still threw off his back foot or didn't square up.

I think Nelson should focus only on throwing a baseball during the off season.

Hill was completely abysmal and shouldn't see the field outside of special teams. He was lost and completely clueless all game....all season long.

Glad someone started a "venting" thread. I couldn't find any other thread that was going there.

Can someone teach Nelson what the hell it means to throw the ball away? O my god, you are a freaking quarterback sir. Isn't that one of the first things they teach you if you are in trouble? Every time we had a drive started, you took a 6 yard sack to make it 3rd and 14. Phil looked like a pee wee league quarterback out there yesterday. Simply abysmal. We will not win a Big 10 game with quarterback play like that the whole season.

Can someone teach Nelson what the hell it means to throw the ball away? O my god, you are a freaking quarterback sir. Isn't that one of the first things they teach you if you are in trouble? Every time we had a drive started, you took a 6 yard sack to make it 3rd and 14. Phil looked like a pee wee league quarterback out there yesterday. Simply abysmal. We will not win a Big 10 game with quarterback play like that the whole season.

Have to agree. Nelson seems all out of whack when it comes to the passing game. I'm also surprised he hasn't learned to throw the ball away. He throws it away so much when he's actually trying to complete a pass, it seems like a throw-away would come naturally to him. Maybe he'll get better, but my god, some of those passes are incredibly poorly thrown. He just doesn't have much of a feel for the passing game it seems.

Lynx?

No offense but that is a woman's team. OK, maybe I mean for you to take offense to that but only because i'm still mad about losing to Iowa. I hate iowa.

I know my post was an over reaction but I had to get it out. I am very VERY disappointed in how the gophers played today. I have always been and forever will be a gophers fan. Today sucked though.

It was a joke.

I personally heard 3 recruits talking at half time, laughing about how it is a joke to be getting blown out at homecoming in such an important game.
I agree with everything you're saying, but I'm calling BS here.

Glad someone started a "venting" thread. I couldn't find any other thread that was going there.

Ya, right on Spoofin. From what I have read, we have a lot of experts who have anger management problems.

Top Bottom