Time for Ralph and Rodney to step up

Block M

Reaction score
No more Big Brother to shield you guys, so step it up! You have the ability to pick up some of the slack here. Do not give up hope for the NCAA.

First, to Trevor - I wish you the very best, wherever your future takes you. Thank you for making such a huge contribution.

Now, it is definitely time for Ralph and Rodney to stop floating around the preimeter. They need to get down into the paint and do the dirty work. If they take this as a challenge, they may surprise themselves.

Maybe Trevor will go to practice and beat some sense into them with his crutches?

Coleman may be one of the players that see's more playing time and might have to contribute big time. He is more physical than any of the other guards and might help at forward. He would have to work his tail off but he might be capable. He can't guard anyone on the perimiter now but maybe a small forward might be a possibility.

Coleman may be one of the players that see's more playing time and might have to contribute big time. He is more physical than any of the other guards and might help at forward. He would have to work his tail off but he might be capable. He can't guard anyone on the perimiter now but maybe a small forward might be a possibility.

I think Chip may be more physical.

I think Chip may be more physical.

Nope, it's Joe.

When Chip drives, he always (at least most of the time) tries to avoid contact and finish the fancy lay-up. Joe will go at somebody, take the contact, draw the foul and go for the bucket and the foul. Chip is more gutsy with the ball, I'd say, but Joe seems to love contact more than Chip does.

Nope, it's Joe.

When Chip drives, he always (at least most of the time) tries to avoid contact and finish the fancy lay-up. Joe will go at somebody, take the contact, draw the foul and go for the bucket and the foul. Chip is more gutsy with the ball, I'd say, but Joe seems to love contact more than Chip does.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Do they need to step up? You bet. Will they? I doubt it. Based on what we've seen over the past few years, Rodney doesn't have the necessary skills and Ralph doesn't have the necessary will.

Do they need to step up? You bet. Will they? I doubt it. Based on what we've seen over the past few years, Rodney doesn't have the necessary skills and Ralph doesn't have the necessary will.

Regardless who, Chip, Ralph, Rodney, Joe- everybody is going to have to add a rebound or two to their normal totals. This is a team that is going to have to toughen up and as a team block out and play stronger in order to survive this. Time to find out who wants it.

I'll keep an eye on it.

That's what I noticed most of last year at least, and Tubby talked about it a little bit too, that Chip needs to take contact better. He is definitley the most fearless when it comes to driving and not scared with the ball. Sometimes just tries to make the fancy play as opposed to the physical play.

Regardless who, Chip, Ralph, Rodney, Joe- everybody is going to have to add a rebound or two to their normal totals. This is a team that is going to have to toughen up and as a team block out and play stronger in order to survive this. Time to find out who wants it.

What I am most curious to see is how the size difference works in the Big10. Every team in the Big10 is bigger and slower than MN (Besides maybe OSU/MSU). Which wins out, slow and big or fast and small? Interested to see how this plays out.

What I am most curious to see is how the size difference works in the Big10. Every team in the Big10 is bigger and slower than MN (Besides maybe OSU/MSU). Which wins out, slow and big or fast and small? Interested to see how this plays out.
If we allow our opponents to play B1G basketball, we will lose. We will need to push it and pressure them, make them do something they aren't comfortable doing.

Completely agree. I'm hoping one of the younger guys steps forward. I like Chip because he plays with some fire and Joe is going to have to step forward as well. Maybe even Welch and Ingram can also help in that regard.

I'm done commiserating over Sunday's doom. Time to support the team Wednesday night. I see hope from the guard improving play and Oto's shooting (not his TOs) Go Gophers!!!

I think Oto will see an increase in playing time, which could lead to him shooting a lot more. Never a bad thing for a shooter.

Go small - run and gun - I hope that's a possibility in Tubbys world. Start Oto with Rodney and Ralph down low. Keep Oto on the perimeter with Julian / Andre / or Chip / Joe ..... Alright, that would be fun to watch.

Top Bottom