Tiger Woods is not black?

Ogee Ogilthorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Just when you thought Trump Derangement Syndrome and extreme media bias couldn't get any more ridiculous...

First, after his round of golf Sunday at the Northern Trust, a New York Times reporter (shocking!!) does everything he can to try to get Tiger Woods to engage in a political discussion with Tiger Woods. To his credit, Woods handled the situation absolutely perfectly.

>> NYT Reporter: Your relationship with Donald Trump, how would you describe that personally and professionally?

>> Woods: Well I've known Donald for a number of years, we've played golf together, we've had dinner together; I've known him pre-presidency and obviously during his presidency

>> NYT Reporter: At times, especially 2018, I think a lot of people especially colored immigrants are threatened by him and his policy. What do you say to people who might find it interesting that you have a friendly relationship with him.

>> Woods: Well he's the Pres of the US, you have to respect the office, no matter who's in the office, you may like or dislike personality or agree or disagree with their policies, we all must respect the office.

>> NY Times Reporter: Do you have anything more broadly to say about the state or the discourse about racial issues...

>> Woods: No, I just finished 72 holes and I'm really hungry.

Colored immigrants? WTF? On a Sunday afternoon, at the immediate conclusion of a tournament in which Woods finished tied for 40th, this a$$-clown tries to pull Woods into a political discussion, relentlessly. And Woods handled it perfectly. The last response Woods had was classic. I'm hungry. I thought he handled it with class, maturity and keeping his cool.

But it gets better.

On ESPN's First Take, Max Kellerman goes apesh!t repeatedly calling Woods stupid and his comments stupid and Stephen A Smith apparently followed it up with saying Woods isn't black. This is far from the first time that Kellerman has gone off on a hard left political rant on air at ESPN. Max essentially reaches the point in this clip of frothing at the mouth;

Tiger not black? I had no idea!!

Well he's definitely not a "colored immigrant".

Well he's definitely not a "colored immigrant".

Though his Mom was correct?

"Earl Woods had met his second wife, Kultida Punsawad while stationed in Thailand in 1966. Punsawad is half Thai, a quarter Dutch and a quarter Chinese."

Though his Mom was correct?

"Earl Woods had met his second wife, Kultida Punsawad while stationed in Thailand in 1966. Punsawad is half Thai, a quarter Dutch and a quarter Chinese."

I suppose, I honestly don't know the definition of "colored"... not a word I use.

I suppose, I honestly don't know the definition of "colored"... not a word I use.

An odd term that had fallen out of use before my time too. Generally been replaced by "people of color". However it was pretty easy to find a definition for it:

2.Pigmentation of the skin, especially as an indication of someone's race.

‘discrimination on the basis of color’

2.1 A group of people considered as being distinguished by skin pigmentation.

'all colors and nationalities’

I've seen tan white girls that are no doubt darker than thai women like tiger's mom.

I was worried that after parting ways with Jamele Hill, ESPN would not be able to invoke rage the way y'all like. I'm glad they're still getting the job done.

I was not able to find a reference to the NYT reporter using the term "colored" anywhere except Breitbart.

Golf Channel has the question as:

"At times, especially 2018, I think a lot of people, especially people of color, immigrants are threatened by him and his policy – what do you say to people who might find it interesting that you have a friendly relationship with him?”

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/woods-asked-about-relationship-trump/

Perhaps Breitbart was just translating into language their average reader would be more used to. Do you have video or a link to a transcript?

I was not able to find a reference to the NYT reporter using the term "colored" anywhere except Breitbart.

Golf Channel has the question as:

"At times, especially 2018, I think a lot of people, especially people of color, immigrants are threatened by him and his policy – what do you say to people who might find it interesting that you have a friendly relationship with him?”

https://www.golfchannel.com/article/golf-central-blog/woods-asked-about-relationship-trump/

Perhaps Breitbart was just translating into language their average reader would be more used to. Do you have video or a link to a transcript?

I was going off of what I heard on the audio myself and I misheard what the reporter was saying since it wasn’t a great audio clip. My bad. The Golf Channel transcript, when listening to the audio, sounds like it has it correct. It was “color” immediately followed by “immigrants”. Middle age sucks, hearing and vision are going to heck!

An absolutely ridiculous question, whether he says colored immigrants or what was said.

This is basically a reporter, probably doesn’t even want to be there, that is attempting to have Woods make his argument for him. The reporter doesn’t have the platform to openly discuss his political views and agenda, but if he can get someone like Woods to even hint at touching it, that would have no doubt been 80% of his article. I haven’t dug up what the reporter wrote but I’m sure he made ZERO mention of Woods’ answer to his ridiculous attempts at engaging Woods.

I was going off of what I heard on the audio myself and I misheard what the reporter was saying since it wasn’t a great audio clip. My bad. The Golf Channel transcript, when listening to the audio, sounds like it has it correct. It was “color” immediately followed by “immigrants”. Middle age sucks, hearing and vision are going to heck!

An absolutely ridiculous question, whether he says colored immigrants or what was said.

This is basically a reporter, probably doesn’t even want to be there, that is attempting to have Woods make his argument for him. The reporter doesn’t have the platform to openly discuss his political views and agenda, but if he can get someone like Woods to even hint at touching it, that would have no doubt been 80% of his article. I haven’t dug up what the reporter wrote but I’m sure he made ZERO mention of Woods’ answer to his ridiculous attempts at engaging Woods.
So you were hearing what YOU wanted to hear? Ogee is fake news.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

So you were hearing what YOU wanted to hear? Ogee is fake news.

Uhhhh, yeah. Because that one word dramatically changed the entire premise behind a reporter with an agenda repeatedly asking stupid questions, followed up by ESPN raking Woods over the coals about it. Right.

Good choice in not addressing the issue here though. I wouldn’t touch it either if I were you.

Well I didn't post "Colored immigrants? WTF?". That was you "mishearing" things. Pretty convenient.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think there is a big difference between saying "colored immigrants" and "people of color, immigrants"...

I think there is a big difference between saying "colored immigrants" and "people of color, immigrants"...

Of course there is. But it had next to nothing to do with the approach of the reporter, his line of questioning, and how he was baiting Woods into engaging, or basically the entire intent of the OP.

Of course there is. But it had next to nothing to do with the approach of the reporter, his line of questioning, and how he was baiting Woods into engaging, or basically the entire intent of the OP.

It completely changes the approach the reporter was taking and completely changes the question. You were doing more baiting with your OP than the reporter was.

I completely agree with both statements here. Le Tigre handled it well. The reporter was a jackass. It's a golf tournament. Tiger is not a political figure. Nice try, jerk off. Fail.

Leftists are having trouble with their color charts lately. CNN's Jeffrey Toobin claimed that Antifa is a black group:

“Let’s be clear also about what’s going on here, the theme here is ‘I’m Donald Trump and I’ll protect you from the scary black people,’” Toobin said. “Antifa is widely perceived as an African-American organization and this is just part of the same story of LeBron James and Don Lemon and Maxine Waters and the NFL players and the UCLA basketball players.”

“This is about black versus white,” Toobin said. “This is about Donald Trump’s appeal to racism, and it just happens all the time and we never say it, we don’t say it enough for what it is but that’s what’s going on here.”

Aren't most of the pictures we see of Antifa people a bunch of angry white dudes?

Uhhhh, yeah. Because that one word dramatically changed the entire premise behind a reporter with an agenda repeatedly asking stupid questions, followed up by ESPN raking Woods over the coals about it. Right.

Good choice in not addressing the issue here though. I wouldn’t touch it either if I were you.

To be fair to Ogee, I watched the video and the audio is pretty bad. I can see where the mistake was made. I also find it interesting that only Breitbart wrote their story that way.

To be fair to Ogee, I watched the video and the audio is pretty bad. I can see where the mistake was made. I also find it interesting that only Breitbart wrote their story that way.

You can almost never hear what the reporters are asking, they're usually not at the mic. It wasn't a TERRIBLE audio, but when I first heard it on the radio, it sure sounded like "colored immigrants" instead of "color, immigrants". I didn't know Breitbart did a story on it so I wouldn't know what they said.

Top Bottom