Tiebreakers

That seems fair.

Looks like in your 3 Unbeaten situation, the Tiebreaker would most likely be broken under "D" (opponents conference winning percentage).

That seems fair.

Looks like in your 3 Unbeaten situation, the Tiebreaker would most likely be broken under "D" (opponents conference winning percentage).
Yes. But that’s stupid.

So my team could go unbeaten but because I beat Michigan state who was 3-6 and someone else beat northwestern who was 4-5…they go?

The conference will not be decided on the field.

Yes. But that’s stupid.

So my team could go unbeaten but because I beat Michigan state who was 3-6 and someone else beat northwestern who was 4-5…they go?

The conference will not be decided on the field.
It's the best of a less than ideal situation and at least minimizes the subjectivity of it.

It's going to be fraught with some randomness, no doubt.

Right off the bat, one of the teams could have had 5 Home Conference games and the other just 4 if the Big 10 adapts the same Tiebreakers. SEC should be an even 4-4 split, except for Texas-Oklahoma & Georgi-Florida who I presume are still playing their rivalry games at a neutral site.

They’re out from the BIG

1. The tied teams will be compared based on head-to-head matchups during the regular season.

2. The tied teams will be compared based on record against all common conference opponents.
3. The tied teams will be compared based on record against common opponents with the best conference record and proceeding through the common conference opponents based on their order of finish within the conference standings.

4. The tied teams will be compared based on the best cumulative conference winning percentage of all conference opponents.

5. The representative will be chosen based on the highest ranking by SportSource Analytics (team Rating Score metric) following the regular season.

6. The representative will be chosen by random draw among the tied teams conducted by the commissioner or designee.

Top Bottom