Ticket Renewal questions

mggoph

Section 112, Row 1
Reaction score
Has everyone already gotten their email notice to renew their season tix?

When does this have to be completed by in order to retain your seats?

TIA

No, I don't believe I received an email notice. I did see on my account profile that I selected hardcopy mailing, and after I called the ticket office last week I was told those had been mailed last week, too, but I haven't received that either.

They also said we have until April, so I'm not too concerned, but it would be nice to see something.

New passwords to purchase tickets....frustrating!

I received my email about two weeks ago and renewed it then (I can't wait!).

But when I went in to the ticket Web site to renew I was AGAIN asked to renew my password! What's up with that? It seems like every time I go in to buy tickets, I need to create a new password.....it's rather frustating. Good God, this is just a ticket Web site and not Fort Knox! Why the heck does the U feel the need to make us create new passwords all the time. Leave my password alone and make it easy for me to buy tickets!

I received mine several weeks ago. My group won't be changing anything other than trying a different tailgate lot. We were on the West Bank last year down by the river, and the atmosphere was less than thrilling.

I sent my request in as soon as I got it because I'm hoping to get 4 more tickets. I'm not sure if that will have any effect on getting them. Having to wait until April to find out if I got all 4 and if I have to move to keep them is frustrating but I'm also not exactly losing sleeping over it either.

I received my email about two weeks ago and renewed it then (I can't wait!).

But when I went in to the ticket Web site to renew I was AGAIN asked to renew my password! What's up with that? It seems like every time I go in to buy tickets, I need to create a new password.....it's rather frustating. Good God, this is just a ticket Web site and not Fort Knox! Why the heck does the U feel the need to make us create new passwords all the time. Leave my password alone and make it easy for me to buy tickets!

Amen to that. If I were to rank the security of the various web sites I do transactions on, gophersports.com is by far and away number 1. Ameritrade is child's play compared to gophersports. I also like how you have to click about 7 links to get to the renewal page.

I have not received an email or a mailing yet. I am starting to get a little anxious.

I didn't want to mess around with the online thing, so I called and renewed over the phone. Got an email several weeks ago and I think the deadline is April 7 (better double check that, though).

Mail Today

I received the email notice probably 3-4 weeks ago. The US mail-delivered packet came today. Time to pay up to play!

Go Gophers! Let's play Spring Ball!

I received the email notice probably 3-4 weeks ago. The US mail-delivered packet came today. Time to pay up to play!

Go Gophers! Let's play Spring Ball!

Sounds good to me Billd. Are you and Mrs Billd staying in 212? I love my seats and can't wait for football!!!

What if I want to drop the seat backs (the ones that cost $45)? I went to renew, and don't see where I can drop that.

thanks!

What if I want to drop the seat backs (the ones that cost $45)? I went to renew, and don't see where I can drop that.

thanks!

I don't think you need to do anything. If you want seat backs you need to renew those again separately.

I don't think you need to do anything. If you want seat backs you need to renew those again separately.

I have 4 seats. I see "Admission Total" $1,100 ($275 x 4) and then "Charges" $180 for something (assuming it was for the seat backs, maybe it's tax?) .

I have 4 seats. I see "Admission Total" $1,100 ($275 x 4) and then "Charges" $180 for something (assuming it was for the seat backs, maybe it's tax?) .

Hmm. You're probably right then. I doubt its tax, as that's a little more than exorbitant. Did you order online? If so, I guess a call to the ticket office is probably in order.

I'm in the opposite situation as you. I didn't have seat backs last year, and want them this season for my 2 seats. When I went to renew online, there was no option to get the seatbacks and pay for them there. I called the ticket office and they told me to go to www.goldengophercushion.com to order them (website is still not up and running, go figure), or call them to place my order.

Mind if I ask why you decided to not get the seatbacks this coming season? Are they uncomfortable?

Hmm. You're probably right then. I doubt its tax, as that's a little more than exorbitant. Did you order online? If so, I guess a call to the ticket office is probably in order.

I'm in the opposite situation as you. I didn't have seat backs last year, and want them this season for my 2 seats. When I went to renew online, there was no option to get the seatbacks and pay for them there. I called the ticket office and they told me to go to www.goldengophercushion.com to order them (website is still not up and running, go figure), or call them to place my order.

Mind if I ask why you decided to not get the seatbacks this coming season? Are they uncomfortable?

My brother-in-law is going to keep his seat backs for two of the seats. I just figure I'm up and down so much, plus it does not bother me to lean forward. The benches can get cold, but I'll just bring a blanket and fold it up. So, it's not that I disliked them, per se, just don't need them.

My brother-in-law is going to keep his seat backs for two of the seats. I just figure I'm up and down so much, plus it does not bother me to lean forward. The benches can get cold, but I'll just bring a blanket and fold it up. So, it's not that I disliked them, per se, just don't need them.

Ah, I see - I'm up and down a lot too, so I'll have to consider that. My wife hopped into a vacant (booooo) seatback seat last season during the Illinois game, and ever since she's been asking me to get them. I have a feeling she'll win out.

I did inquire with the Ticket Office this afternoon about moving and they said that you have to pay for your season tickets first, and then submit your request to move. Then they wont call you about it and just use their best judgement going with the info on our request. I thought that was kind of ass backwards. You pay then put in your request and stuck with whatever they find you.

And I did clarify that the renewal date is April 7th. The letter they sent out with the renewals has a date listed of April 17th but they said that was a typo. Just a FYI

Then they wont call you about it and just use their best judgement going with the info on our request. I thought that was kind of ass backwards. You pay then put in your request and stuck with whatever they find you.

Yikes. Anytime you have to count on the judgment of the Gopher ticket office, you will probably be in for a few surprises.

I don't get why they can't use the online seat selection system that they already had in place for last year. I'm sure they could tweak it a bit and make the experience of upgrading very seamless.

Yikes. Anytime you have to count on the judgment of the Gopher ticket office, you will probably be in for a few surprises.

I don't get why they can't use the online seat selection system that they already had in place for last year. I'm sure they could tweak it a bit and make the experience of upgrading very seamless.

Cost to keep it up and running is too high maybe? Since it's the same seat selection system the Twins are using its possible that it is maintained/run by an outside company paid by the U rather than a home grown product where the investment is already made.

Purely a guess though.

My parents had some questions about the renewal process, and after seeing all the questions on here, I compiled a list and contacted the ticket office. I was able to speak to someone "higher-up" and here's was I gathered:

Renewal Deadline
- The renewal deadline is April 7th

Passwords
- Passwords reset every 90 days per the University's data security rules.
- They are currently working to change this rule.

Seat Cushions
- Seat cushions were a renewable item this year and cost $45.
- They appear online as a tax but are labeled as seat cushions on the paper invoices
- To drop your seat cushions you can cross them out on the invoice or call in and have them removed. The option to drop the seat cushions online is currently unavailable.
- You can add seat cushions through the ticket office until June 15th. After that they can be added through the seat cushion company.

Upgrades Requests
-They require payment in order to determine the inventory available for upgrades. Since the stadium was sold out last year, they won't know what seats are available to use for upgrades until the renewal deadline has passed.

Select-a-Seat function
-The reason the didn't use it again was due to cost.

I did inquire with the Ticket Office this afternoon about moving and they said that you have to pay for your season tickets first, and then submit your request to move. Then they wont call you about it and just use their best judgement going with the info on our request. I thought that was kind of ass backwards. You pay then put in your request and stuck with whatever they find you.

I put in for 4 additional tickets, good luck right?, T.O. told me if they have any additional based on your request they will send you an invoice for the additional tickets and at that time you can decide if you want them or not. You are not stuck with those tickets if you don't want them.

Top Bottom