Ticket advice for Northwestern?

TutuAtwellFan

Reaction score
I'm planning to driving in from Milwaukee for the Northwestern game. Has anyone been there with advice on best way to get tickets. I called the U and tickets were $50 for visitor section. I've read on other forums that people just call up Northwestern and sit where they give tickets. Any advice for this stadium?
Thank you, much appreciated.

I can't recall the last time I ever saw Northwestern sell out, so I wouldn't worry about that. If you want to sit with Gopher Fans, call the Gopher Ticket Office and order through there. Otherwise, if you want better tickets, just show up and buy some at the gate. Even if Northwestern is still ranked, the Gophers aren't a big draw in Chicago.

I bought tickets from a scalper 2 years ago for $20 a piece. They were in the lower corner of the endzone and weren't great seats but at halftime we walked around the stadium and sat in the Gopher section. I recommend that.

Buy from a scalper for $20 and go sit with everyone else in the Gopher section.

The above advice is spot on. Always open seats and folks selling. I bought 50-yard line 15-20 rows up 2-years ago on stubhub for like $35.

I've gone to a few NW games since I live out this way. No way in the world should you pay $50 for a ticket. Walk up and you can find a seat in any section you want from a scalper for $20 or less. Remember these guys know they won't be able to unload all their tickets so if you set a price and are willing to walk they'll drop their prices. I've bought tickets at U of I for $10 a pop simply because I told the guy that I wasn't paying more than $10 per ticket and either he or 1 of the other dozens of scalpers around was going to get it but I didn't care who. Same is true at NW and the more tickets he's holding the more desperate he'll be to just make something. Or you can just go sit wherever you want regardless of where the ticket is

Agree with everyone...go through a scalper. The one advantage of not having a big U alumni base in Chicago is that tickets at Northwestern are VERY easy to get. You can walk up to a scalper 5 minutes before kickoff and get virtually any seat you want for $10-$20/ticket. You'll save yourself a ton of money this way, believe me, I've done it for the past 5 times the Gophers have played in Evanston.

If not a scalper on the street, try StubHub on game day morning. Tickets on that site start at $21 right now and are likely to plunge by next weekend. The demand just isn't there. If it is rainy, the demand will drop further. I went in 2001 when it rained and the announced crowd was 31,097 vs. a capacity of 47,130, but the actual crowd was more in the 25,000 range at the very most. Whether on the home side in the main grandstand or on the erector set addition that holds the visitors, there was plenty of room to spread out.

I saw good seats on Stub Hub a few weeks ago for $25. Also check Ticket King Online...I've had better luck with them than Stub Hub.

You can also set up an alert for stubhub to let you know when tickets drop below a certain dollar amount. Once in awhile a group of tickets will show up that are cheaper than the rest but they usually get purchased pretty quickly.

Last time, I bought 5-50 yardline tickets, visitors side, for $30. Total. Go scalper or Stubhub. Chicago hates the Wildcats.

I have got some real good deals on craigslist. The only bad thing is you have to meet them and pay for the tickets in person usually.

What are people's plans for getting tickets this weekend? Scalping still a good option?

I bought some tickets from seatgeek.com about 3 weeks ago for 4 of us who are making the trip this year. KFAN had a promo code for a $20 rebate (not sure if it is still valid but rebate code was HAWK), so got 4 tickets within the first couple rows right behind the goalposts in one of the endzone for $44 total.

Usually you can get tickets for under $10 at this time on stubhub but with NW playing pretty good, the tickets are much higher than normal. Lowest is $31.50 right now.

Keep in mind that Northwestern has some of the worst visiting seats in recorded human history. You are literally situated behind a building in the endzone. If you're sitting anywhere low in that section, you have no chance to see anything.

Keep in mind that Northwestern has some of the worst visiting seats in recorded human history. You are literally situated behind a building in the endzone. If you're sitting anywhere low in that section, you have no chance to see anything.

The good news is the stadium never sells out so there will be tons of places to move if needed. The corners still have a lot of open seats. A few sections have 90% of the seats available. I'm sure you'd be fine just buying the cheapest ones you can get and just moving to these open sections if needed.

http://ev10.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/SEGetEventList?groupCode=FSG&linkID=nwu&shopperContext=&caller=&appCode=

Top Bottom