Three Point Shot

Big Ten Championship

Reaction score
I am a big Tubby Smith supporter, but it is difficult to answer the question as to whether he has ever adjusted to how the three point shot has evolved?

It seems to me that other teams not only allow, but encourage their players, including thier bigs, to shoot this shot. Also teams don't quit shooting it when they are cold. Case in point Northwestern was 7 for 27 and then made a couple and were on their way to victory. It seems to me that the three pointer is like a layup to many of the teams, because of our double down strategy that allows them wide open looks.

Hopefully one of the stats guys that post on this site can show the stats on three pointers scored against the gophers for % and toal of points.

Is Tubby capable of change? Can he figure out how to coach in 2011 and beyond and stop the three point shot?

I am a big Tubby Smith supporter, but it is difficult to answer the question as to whether he has ever adjusted to how the three point shot has evolved?

It seems to me that other teams not only allow, but encourage their players, including thier bigs, to shoot this shot. Also teams don't quit shooting it when they are cold. Case in point Northwestern was 7 for 27 and then made a couple and were on their way to victory. It seems to me that the three pointer is like a layup to many of the teams, because of our double down strategy that allows them wide open looks.

Hopefully one of the stats guys that post on this site can show the stats on three pointers scored against the gophers for % and toal of points.

Is Tubby capable of change? Can he figure out how to coach in 2011 and beyond and stop the three point shot?[/QUOTE]

I don't have the answer but I think it is a fair question.

Top Bottom