Thomas Tapeh now HC at Woodrow Wilson HS in NJ

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet:

"@TimBrewster: Fired up for my man Thomas Tapeh, the new HC at Woodrow Wilson HS in Camden NJ! #Thosekidsarelucky"

Go Gophers!!

BleedGopher said:
per this tweet:

"@TimBrewster: Fired up for my man Thomas Tapeh, the new HC at Woodrow Wilson HS in Camden NJ! #Thosekidsarelucky"

Go Gophers!!

Interesting, I wonder why NJ? He's from MN and played in Philly. Does anyone know?

Tapeh played for the Eagles - he may have made some contacts with coaches/schools in the greater Philly area. No different than a former Gopher or Vikings player getting a HS coaching opportunity in the Twin Cities area.

From all accounts, Tapeh is a class act. I always enjoyed watching him play (and yelled at Glen for not giving him more carries.) Hope he does well.

Tapeh is one of my all time favorite Gophers. He was a good get for Mason. Injuries would have made it easy for him to give up. He didn't. Although I never considered him a superstar, when he was healthy, he could be a beast. I'm glad he made some money in the NFL. I hope he does well. Hopefully, he's a Gopher advocate. Kill should be on the horn with him to make sure that he is.

I'm shocked that I am the first one to observe that one year from now Thomas Tapeh will be qualified to be a D1 head coach!

He was fun to watch, great blocking back and could run. Strong guy.

Is he the head coach of the football or soccer program? He was a great soccer player in fact he might have been better at it had he chosen soccer.

Every time Tapeh carried the ball my brother and I screamed "he's hurt!". you know what I mean. The whole BS that he couldn't pass the ACT because he grew up speaking a foreign language until he was 10--that second language being English (for those of you that don't know, the entire country of Liberia speaks English). He lied to the Vikings about of-season surgery. Great game-time player. Otherwise, dufus. Hope he can teach his team otherwise--on everything...

My all time Gopher play is when we were playing Arkansas and Tapeh was the ball carrier. Tapeh was hit on about the 4yd line by a DB who was prompty knocked into the end zone as Tapeh scored a td. I expect that he'll have his kids playing some hard nosed football.

89-97 North Carolina (TE/ST)
98-01 Texas (TE)
02-03 San Diego Chargers (TE)
04 San Diego Chargers (AHC/TE)
05-06 Denver Broncos (TE)

Obviously the same level of experience. :rolleyes:

Our M48 Patton Tank

Thomas “the tank” Tapeh was one of my favorite players to don the Maroon and Gold. I wish him Godspeed. Camden, New Jersey is the quintessential city of broken dreams. It is bankrupt and recently had to lay off a sizeable portion of its policemen and firemen. A spate of dead factory / warehouse fires ravaged the city in late winter / spring of 2012. I hope Thomas molds these young boys into great football players and honest, hard working, patriotic young men. #44 was our M48 Patton Tank when MB3 and Laurence needed a break. We have not had a fullback like #44 since. He was crushed by an injury in the 4th quarter of an Eagles game when Andy Reid threw him in for some playing time. It was awful to watch. Kind of like the Joe Theismann knee injury. I think Thomas’ hip was crushed, his football days finished. Good to see him coaching now.

Congrats

Congrats to Thomas. I'm glad I had the opportunity to be a teammate of TT. He was a great lockeroom guy and he will be a great addition not only to the students athletes but also the community. There are a hand full of guys that played under Coach Mason that are coaching now.

Top Bottom