This Week's ESPN Bottom 10

Iceland12

Reaction score
So, since losing is inevitable, how do you prefer your poison? Would you rather know it was over quickly, even if it means enduring four quarters of anguish? You know, like Cumberland losing to Georgia Tech 222-0, the most lopsided loss in college football history that just so happened to mark its 100th anniversary this past Friday? Or like Rutgers, who won the first-ever college football game nearly a century a half ago, but on Saturday suffered the most lopsided beatdown of the current millennium, falling 78-0 to Michigan?..

Or would rather your defeats be delivered guillotine style, with as much pain as can possibly be crammed into the tiniest fraction of the clock? I'm talking about a blocked extra point at Miami, a double-overtime interception tossed by Tennessee, or, if you're really into pain, Sunday's finish at Florida Atlantic University...

1. FA(not I)U (1-5)

To recap: Over the past two weeks the Owls have lost the Shula Bowl to FI(not A)U, who were the previously top-ranked Bottom 10 team. Then they had their hometown sacked by a hurricane. Then they lost the rescheduled Sunday game to the Charlotte 2-and-4'ers, who were the previously third-ranked Bottom 10 team. Aand oh yeah, they also lost it the way that they lost it.

2. Rice (0-5)

The Other Owls fell to the Fightin' Byes of Open Date U. after a controversial targeting call. This weekend they welcome in R-O-C-K in the UTSA for Pillow Fight of the Week of the Year 5. It's actually PFOWY6 because last week we told you that PFWOY5, between My Hammy of Ohio and the State of Kent, was going to be played last week, but it actually won't be played until this week. Sorry, we tend to get a little overexcited thinking about PFOWYs...

5. LSU and Florida (0-0)

Dear rich gray-haired dudes in the nice suits. If my family can come to a decision every weekend over what topping to put on a shared pizza then you guys can certainly figure out how to reschedule a football game...

Waiting list: Buffalo Bulls not Bills (1-4), NI-Whew (1-5), Ill-noise (1-4), UTEP (1-5), Marshall (1-4), Bowling Green (1-5), Georgia State Not Southern (1-4), Arkansas State (1-4), In a Rut-gers (2-4), flattening Penn State kickers, playing in hurricanes.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-tigers-florida-gators-locked-calendar-battle

Top Bottom