This story remindes me or royce's situation

Brew_recruit

Reaction score
Let me start out by saying I KNOW that Royce isn't nearly as good at b-ball as AI was, and also his problems were never as serious as AI's were, but when I watched this trailer I thought this was very similar to Royce's situation at the U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9hezhStmrM

Ya, saw all those protests to let Royce go free. I also remember hearing about Royce tearing the city of both Hopkins and Minneapolis apart because of what he did. Blacks said it was the white peoples fault that Royce was stealing things from the mall, and whites said that it was the black influences around Royce as to why he did what he did. Very similar situations indeed.

/sarcasm

My favorite part of this thread is that a poster with the name 'Brew recruit' spelled reminds in a new and different way.:clap:

both stories have racist elements where you guys want to admit it or not, and both athletes are outspoken black athletes that are in an area that is dominated by white thought.

both stories have racist elements where you guys want to admit it or not, and both athletes are outspoken black athletes that are in an area that is dominated by white thought.

Again with the race issues Brew?

When I saw your thread title I thought it was going to be about J.R. Ryder bailing on his $150 cab fare. Talk about throwing away talent.

http://www.arizonabeats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26832

He told the driver he had to run inside and get his wallet to pay the $150 fare and then ran through the apartment complex and never came back.

One minor thing Brew, White plead guilty to his charge. I do agree with you about with the racist element. Had White not been a U of M basketball player he wouldn't have received such a sweet heart deal. By dropping the assault/theft charges White was allowed to keep his scholarship. Any white or black, or Asian student would have had to plead guilty to the theft or assault charge. White received a "gift" because he played a sport at the U of M. Fair no, reality yes.

If people around here had the guts to stand up against the system like the community in Virginia did this would of been a big story.

Stand up to Royce shoplifting and repeatedly pushing over a security guard...DUH! :rolleyes:

Royce was treated more than fairly with his situations, he screwed himself time and time again after numerous chances to make things right and turn it around and play at the U again.

you live a sheltered life

So, tell us all about this wild and crazy "non-sheltered life" that you live. In this life, does the need to comply with authority not exist like it does for every other person on the planet?

after watching the doc here was I saw as similar

1. both are great basketball talents (AI much greater)
2. Both cocky teenagers who got in trouble in the classroom in HS
3. Both were outspoken with tattoos and wanted rap careers
4 Both were in the wrong place at the wrong time when their friends were doing dumb things
5. Both were hated by old white men
6. Both messed up their basketball careers (even though AI eventually got to Georgetown)

Top Bottom