This post is only for the Gopher Fans who sometimes follow Ga. Southern football.

GSUsTALON

Reaction score
I'm sorry I placed this on the GOPHERS' 7 National Championship board but I know many of the posters here but not on your other boards. The board monitors can delete if if they want or the Gophers fans can ask them. Sorry if I am imposing!

Many of you GOPHERS said our pick of Clay Helton was a very good HC pick for Ga. Southern's new Head Coach coming from a successful run at USC and I think the Gopher fans were right. It says Helton runs a balanced offense at Georgia Southern. Even though I love the Flex Triple OPTION I could love winning again. I do think HC Clay Helton could do the job given 2 more years and the right recruits.

Ga. Southern's Paulson Stadium - The reason I post this here is in the hopes that MAYBE just MAYBE one day the Gophers and Georgia Southern could do a Home and Home or maybe 2 with the Gopher stadium & one at Paulson. ;-)

FULL VIEW of Paulson Stadium - Most Beautifull stadium in the South East!

Another View- Look under the first & second tear that looks black. If you buy a season ticket, you can go to that area you can have all the Stadium food and drink all the beer you want until the middle of the 4th quarter. The extra cost is $60. dollars a season for home games only. As any of you know, that have bought stadium food and beer, it cost way over $1o a game and this is for ALL YOU CAN EAT AND BEER TO DRINK! Two beers would be $10. dollars and I could drink a lot more than that.
1719522740928.png

The area, in the below picture, is a miniature kids football field, where the children can play pass & where the parents can spread out a blanket on the grass, to the upper left or buy seats in that corner. There is also a small fenced in children playground to the Upper left of the stadium and behind it. It is managed by a few sorority young women but would like one parent or older sibling to watch with them. It's usually used before the game and at half time to run some of the little ones energy out of them!

1719526293469.png

GAME DAY SHUTTLES
Game Day shuttles, all of which are ADA compliant, begin running 2.5 hours prior to kickoff and stop running an hour after the conclusion of the game. Game day shuttles follow two distinct routes and make four stops:

BUD LIGHT CABANAS
A new premium field experience has been added this year and will be in the east end zone in front of the Field of Dreams. The Bud Light Cabanas will feature cable TV, catering, alcohol and one of the best views in the stadium as the Eagles take the field. All cabanas have been sold for this season.

TAILGATING
Full tailgating is back in the parking areas around Allen E. Paulson Stadium. We still encourage fans to "Do Right" during pre-game and post-game activities, but want everyone to have a great experience at Paulson Stadium. Trash receptacles and recycling bins are readily available for use upon the conclusion of your day.

27.000 cement stadium that could hold 35,000 when grass seats are opened up for overflow. Padded Seats with backs can be picked up for the visiteo

TALON THE WHINNER!
The first 2 years in the G5 D1 category went GREAT under our new HC Willie Fritz which changed the offense from the FLEX TRIPLE OPTION to the Pistol Option. It was NOT a true triple option because it only used the QB-HB pitch option. It went great and then the HC Willie Fritz left for another school and GSU went through 4

Last edited:

I'm sorry I placed this on the GOPHERS' 7 National Championship board but I know many of the posters here but not on your other boards. The board monitors can delete if if they want or the Gophers fans can ask them. Sorry if I am imposing!

Many of you GOPHERS said our pick of Clay Helton was a very good HC pick for Ga. Southern's new Head Coach coming from a successful run at USC and I think the Gopher fans were right. It says Helton runs a balanced offense at Georgia Southern. Even though I love the Flex Triple OPTION I could love winning again. I do think HC Clay Helton could do the job given 2 more years and the right recruits.

Ga. Southern's Paulson Stadium - The reason I post this here is in the hopes that MATBE just MAYBE one day the Gophers and Georgia Southern could do a Home and Home!

FULL VIEW of Paulson Stadium - Most Beautifull stadium in the South East!

Another View- Look under the first & second tear that looks black. If you buy a season ticket, you can go to that area you can have all the Stadium food and drink all the beer you want until the middle of the 4th quarter. The extra cost is $60. dollars a season for home games only. As any of you know, that have bought stadium food and beer, it cost way over $1o a game and this is for ALL YOU CAN EAT AND BEER TO DRINK! Two beers would be $10. dollars and I could drink a lot more than that.
View attachment 32019

The area, in the below picture, is a miniature kids football field, where the children can play pass & where the parents can spread out a blanket on the grass, to the upper left or buy seats in that corner. There is also a small fenced in children playground to the Upper left of the stadium and behind it. It is managed by a few sorority young women but would like one parent or older sibling to watch with them. It's usually used before the game and at half time to run some of the little ones energy out of them!

View attachment 32023

GAME DAY SHUTTLES
Game Day shuttles, all of which are ADA compliant, begin running 2.5 hours prior to kickoff and stop running an hour after the conclusion of the game. Game day shuttles follow two distinct routes and make four stops:

BUD LIGHT CABANAS
A new premium field experience has been added this year and will be in the east end zone in front of the Field of Dreams. The Bud Light Cabanas will feature cable TV, catering, alcohol and one of the best views in the stadium as the Eagles take the field. All cabanas have been sold for this season.

TAILGATING
Full tailgating is back in the parking areas around Allen E. Paulson Stadium. We still encourage fans to "Do Right" during pre-game and post-game activities, but want everyone to have a great experience at Paulson Stadium. Trash receptacles and recycling bins are readily available for use upon the conclusion of your day.

27.000 cement stadium that could hold 35,000 when grass seats are opened up for overflow. Padded Seats with backs can be picked up for the visiteo

TALON THE WINNER!
The first 2 years in the G5 D1 category went GREAT under our new HC Willie Fritz which changed the offense from the FLEX TRIPLE OPTION to the Pistol Option. It was NOT a true triple option because it only used the QB-HB pitch option. It went great and then the HC Willie Fritz left for another school and GSU went through 4

Oo yes - Southern's 2024 Footballs schedule with TV stations as of now.. Just in case you have a lul in important games or the Gophers aren't playing at that time.

Last edited:

If this will help, just some of you watch a Southern game, I'll go to the Badgers board and Piss on them the 5 days before the Gopher Badgers game. ;-)

If this will help, just some of you watch a Southern game, I'll go to the Badgers board and Piss on them the 5 days before the Gopher Badgers game. ;-)
I’ll watch them if we get a broadcast out here in the PNW. And, if the Gophers do play at GSU, I’ll make the trip to Statesboro.

I’ll watch them if we get a broadcast out here in the PNW. And, if the Gophers do play at GSU, I’ll make the trip to Statesboro.
You'll get a game broadcast from a national sports channel unless the Gophers are playing or an important game must be watched. I surely understand that

Then I'll pay the for the TAILGATE for you and the Gopher Board Fans that travel, all the way, to Statesboro... ;;-)

I've seen a couple GA Southern games on ESPN+. It's a lot easier to watch if you mute the announcers that cover the game

I've seen a couple GA Southern games on ESPN+. It's a lot easier to watch if you mute the announcers that cover the game

I hear you and I thank you for watching. I hope the major broadcasters will clean that up. I think the first game will set a mark for the rest of the year.

Boise State, 4:00, ESPNU

PARTY ON GOPHERS
TALON

That Ole Miss game away will be a big challenge. Is Savannah the closest with a major airport?

I was the biggest Georgia Southern fan for 2 games. First, when you guys beat Nebraska in 2022 which led to Scottie Frost getting fired. Secondly in 2023 when you played Wisconsin, was hoping for an upset.

I was the biggest Georgia Southern fan for 2 games. First, when you guys beat Nebraska in 2022 which led to Scottie Frost getting fired. Secondly in 2023 when you played Wisconsin, was hoping for an upset.
That game had some badger favored calls. Brutal

Top Bottom