This may come across a little stupid

calminnfan

Reaction score
but I think the FSU game showed a little what Tubby has been trying to develop with the BB team. A whole team effort and not dependent on just one or two star players. When everything it clicking with the entire team, it is pretty much a thing of beauty.

but I think the FSU game showed a little what Tubby has been trying to develop with the BB team. A whole team effort and not dependent on just one or two star players. When everything it clicking with the entire team, it is pretty much a thing of beauty.

calminn, I commented on a similar thread the exact same thing, only I elaborated just a little more:

"I still like the Gophers' chances of competing with all of these B1G teams, outside of Indiana, which I am very impressed with. We don't have any glamorous standouts, but a TEAM of yeomen from which on any given night 2 or 3 different guys can dominate, with the rest doing their usual.

I don't expect Dre to score 41 in any B1G game;
I don't expect EE to get double doubles on a regular basis;
I don't expect Rodney to average 16 ppg in the Conference;
I don't expect Beast Trevor to play 35 minutes a game;
I don't expect Austin to defend their top guards and hold them scoreless;
I don't expect Joe to all of a sudden be a 3-point threat;
I don't expect Mav to sub in and be flawless; just be a contributor.
I don't expect Big Mo to perfectly protect the lane when we are on defense;
I don't expect Andre Ingram to be flawless, just a great contributor
I don't expect Oto to come in and hit 4 or 5 threes in 7-10 minutes of floor time.

I do expect some of the above to happen each game, and which 2 or 3 or 4 come thru, the Gophers will triumph more often than not.

I DO EXPECT Tubby to show us all how good of a coach he really is.
I DO EXPECT that win or lose, the negative nannies will be roosting with the vultures and come out in force.
I DO EXPECT that several GopherHolers will try run me off the board because I am not afraid to challenge their stupid inane comments.

This is going to be a survival of the fittest for the B1G Regular Season Champion. "

calminn, I commented on a similar thread the exact same thing, only I elaborated just a little more:

"I still like the Gophers' chances of competing with all of these B1G teams, outside of Indiana, which I am very impressed with. We don't have any glamorous standouts, but a TEAM of yeomen from which on any given night 2 or 3 different guys can dominate, with the rest doing their usual.

I don't expect Dre to score 41 in any B1G game;
I don't expect EE to get double doubles on a regular basis;
I don't expect Rodney to average 16 ppg in the Conference;
I don't expect Beast Trevor to play 35 minutes a game;
I don't expect Austin to defend their top guards and hold them scoreless;
I don't expect Joe to all of a sudden be a 3-point threat;
I don't expect Mav to sub in and be flawless; just be a contributor.
I don't expect Big Mo to perfectly protect the lane when we are on defense;
I don't expect Andre Ingram to be flawless, just a great contributor
I don't expect Oto to come in and hit 4 or 5 threes in 7-10 minutes of floor time.

I do expect some of the above to happen each game, and which 2 or 3 or 4 come thru, the Gophers will triumph more often than not.

I DO EXPECT Tubby to show us all how good of a coach he really is.
I DO EXPECT that win or lose, the negative nannies will be roosting with the vultures and come out in force.
I DO EXPECT that several GopherHolers will try run me off the board because I am not afraid to challenge their stupid inane comments.

This is going to be a survival of the fittest for the B1G Regular Season Champion. "

I agree Don and OP, the one thing I've yet to be sold on is a game where I felt that Tubby won it for us.... He has defiantly developed this team from a bunch of 3 star recruits, he has created a culture of hard work and persistent defense, he has run an effective but not flashy offense and has gotten a group to play well together. That said, I don't have faith that Tubby will coach us to a win, at least not in the way I expect/want him to. Maybe he has won us a few already and it's jut not in a way I am seeing it. But I feel, as a fan, I want Dr. dons list to include a "I don't expect Tubby to coach us out of a difficult situation every time" but i didn't see that one....

"But I feel, as a fan, I want Dr. dons list to include a "I don't expect Tubby to coach us out of a difficult situation every time" but i didn't see that one.... "

That is because no coach can ever fulfill your "everytime" scenario.

Top Bottom