This is...CNN

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
ND isnt very high on welfare expenditures per capita
You have to compare it to what they give to the federal govt in taxes though for a fair comparison. A state like New York gets a lot of money back but they are paying even more in. For every dollar they pay they get $0.70 back.

if you’re ND and pay $1 to get $3.75 back your a welfare state. If you’re NY you pay $1 and only get $0.70 so 30 cents on every dollar is a donation to the welfare states.

Source.

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
You have to compare it to what they give to the federal govt in taxes though for a fair comparison. A state like New York gets a lot of money back but they are paying even more in. For every dollar they pay they get $0.70 back.

Source.

Disagree. Not fair to compare contributions from nd to contributions from big states. Even per capita not fair. Those states have much more opprtunity at large industry.

More fair to compare like sized states. For example compare florida and texas to new york and california.

Even that can be sketchy. Personally i believe just the cost per capita is telling. This gives which states spends the most per capita, nice and simple.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
Disagree. Not fair to compare contributions from nd to contributions from big states. Even per capita not fair. Those states have much more opprtunity at large industry.

More fair to compare like sized states. For example compare florida and texas to new york and california.
Why would any of that matter. Let states be responsible for themselves. Why should states that are run more financially responsibly need to subsidize the welfare states that are net takers?

Wally

Reaction score
ND isnt very high on welfare expenditures per capita
Welfare in terms of how much federal taxes they pay, versus how much federal spending. Red states suck money, blue states generate money, in general.

Also if you look at Red states their welfare is Social Security Disability, that is way way higher there than it is in blue states.

Its here to, my aunts brother was on Social Security Disability for 20 plus years, total bullshit. He was a righty living in the north woods of MN. He blew his head off in the last year. Good for the trust fund...

Last edited:

golf

Reaction score
Why would any of that matter. Let states be responsible for themselves. Why should states that are run more financially responsibly need to subsidize the welfare states that are net takers?

100% agree. Federalism would be helpful in so many ways. Way too much power in dc. Too many have lifetime appts. and they know it.

You need to start promoting this on your side of the aisle so i dont get shot down anymore when i broach the subject. ☺

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
100% agree. Federalism would be helpful in so many ways. Way too much power in dc. Too many have lifetime appts. and they know it.

You need to start promoting this on your side of the aisle so i dont get shot down anymore when i broach the subject. ☺
I’m more of a lone wolf. Most liberals want to help everybody. I just want to burn it all down.

golf

Reaction score
Welfare in terms of how much federal taxes they pay, versus how much federal spending. Red states suck money, blue states generate money, in general.

Also if you look at Red states their welfare is Social Security Disability, that is way way higher there than it is in blue states.

Its here to, my aunts brother was on Social Security Disability for 20 plus years, total bullshit. He was a righty living in the north woods of MN. He blew his head off in the last year. Good for the trust fund...

But i think you have to compare similar states. For example, compare texas and florida to new york and california. Even that is a bit sketchy i think.
Too many confounders.

Wally

Reaction score
But i think you have to compare similar states. For example, compare texas and florida to new york and california. Even that is a bit sketchy i think.
Too many confounders.
TX and FL are swing states.

You know its close to swinging when Republicans frantically add voting restrictions.

golf

Reaction score
TX and FL are swing states.

You know its close to swinging when Republicans frantically add voting restrictions.

Now why would you say that. I have been enjoying a nice, nice weekend. Dont need to think about texas or florida changing sides. 😥

Wally

Reaction score
Great conversation with a guy in his 70's at the rock climbing gym today. He said you should lose your right to vote at 65 because old people have no stake in the future, they never change their minds and they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Sounds good to me!!!

Wally

Reaction score
Now why would you say that. I have been enjoying a nice, nice weekend. Dont need to think about texas or florida changing sides. 😥
How about this.
If people in Texas voted at rates they do in MN, it would be a blue state, NO DOUBT. Texas has abysmal voter turnout, its by design.

golf

Reaction score
Great conversation with a guy in his 70's at the rock climbing gym today. He said you should lose your right to vote at 65 because old people have no stake in the future, they never change their minds and they shouldn't be allowed to vote.

Sounds good to me!!!

They also say the human brain isnt fully developed until 25. Then a few years are needed to figure things out. So voters should be aged 30 - 64?

golf

Reaction score
How about this.
If people in Texas voted at rates they do in MN, it would be a blue state, NO DOUBT. Texas has abysmal voter turnout, its by design.

I would say repubs better continue the inroads they made among the hispanic community in the last election.

I would also have a thought or three about our open southern border

Wally

Reaction score
I would say repubs better continue the inroads they made among the hispanic community in the last election.

Those mostly due to BLM riots.
Riots and burning cities are the best thing ever for Republicans.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
I think you’re safe on both of those for 7 more years.

kg21

Reaction score
Can we get back to how bad MSNBC is?

Oh wait, I mean CNN!

howeda7

Reaction score

Sounds good to me!!!
The GQP would sooner raise the voting age to 45.

scalgopher

Reaction score

I would also have a thought or three about our open southern border
How about this.
Texans are not as stupid to show up and vote for the sorry ass candidates that you people seem to love and then get your cities and police stations burned down. Only some dumb ass losers show up in mass to vote for these losers.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Texans are not as stupid to show up and vote for the sorry ass candidates that you people seem to love and then get your cities and police stations burned down. Only some dumb ass losers show up in mass to vote for these losers.
Nothing that could have been done.

Random Gopher Fan

Reaction score
Antifa took down Texas’s power grid?

Wally

Reaction score
They don't vote in Texas.
Turnout is like 35 percent.

Section2

Reaction score
High school Kid smirks - national news for weeks

white lady dressed in gorilla mask throws eggs at potential first black governor of CA - nothing

what could the difference be?

howeda7

Reaction score

Blizzard

Reaction score
Weeks eh? Liar.

Can you imagine if this would have happened to a high profile black Democrat? The near past teaches us that there would have been hour long special programs on racism, the history of racism, Donald Trump and racism, you name it. It's not an exaggeration to say that.

Spoofin

Reaction score
Can you imagine if this would have happened to a high profile black Democrat? The near past teaches us that there would have been hour long special programs on racism, the history of racism, Donald Trump and racism, you name it. It's not an exaggeration to say that.
I beleive that is now referred to as "anti-racism training".

Top Bottom