Things to do and see around university?

gunnery

Reaction score
Hi, first post here. Am a trojan fan and am looking forward to coming
out next september.

Have never been to Minnesota. Looking for suggestions of things to
do and see...sights, bars, restaurants, football history, traditions etc.
Would appreciate any suggestions.

BTW we only do cheap shot stuff (like last night) on the bruins.

bring a coat haha, mall of america? i guess people seem to enjoy that

The University is basically downtown Minneapolis so the sky's the limit. Great restaurants and bars pretty much everywhere.
I would recommend staying in downtown Minneapolis and taking the light rail from the airport. Taxi's and walking will get you everywhere else you want to go.
On gameday I would bar hop my way to the stadium from downtown. Tons of bars and a great way to see the city and campus.
Otherwise take a taxi to Stadium Village area and there will be bars with beer garden tents.

I agree with staying downtown and working your way toward the stadium. Twins host Oakland that weekend in their new ballpark in downtown. Depending on game times, you could do a double header.

I agree. Stay downtown. Try to catch a Twins game. Plenty to do in that area. If you really want to, take the light rail to the Mall of America just so you can say you have been there.

I would help but I just can't get past my hate for your program. I'm sry. :(

gunnery...have fun and if you walk anywhere downtown, you will find anything and everything you want. If you miss the Mall of America...no big deal.

Get to the campus early enough...you must hit Stub and Herbs.

U of M sights

Check out the world famous Stub & Herb's bar. Fun place and very crowded. I just hope they clean up the Men's bathroom downstair's. It still smells like a dead animal is decomposing in there.
I used to have to hold my breath in there when taking a wiz. Yuk.:eek:

Go gophers!!:eek:

If you're getting out of downtown, I can recommend some great burger places. Matt's Bar at 35th Street South and Cedar is famous for the Jucy Lucy, a cheesebuger with the cheese inside of the hamburger patty. The 5-8 Club, at about 60th Street South and Cedar has the Juicy Lucy (they spell it differently). They both claim to have invented it, and they were feautured on Man Vs. Food.

Another good burger place is Flameburger around 50th Street North and Central Ave. I like to sit were I can watch the flames come high off the grill.

There are a lot of interesting things to see in Minneapolis, if you give us more detail on what sort sort of things you like, I'm sure we could be more helpful. There are the sort of places that I like, but I recognize that not everyone is as geeky as me. :D

There's Minnehaha Falls, a 50 foot waterfall, it's easy to get to.

Did I just read that somebody recommended Flameburger for an out of towner? Good God, don't go there.

Top Bottom