Things that Annoy us About Michigan!

Anderson8284

Reaction score
Allright, they are not our biggest rival by any stretch, but this theme *worked* agaisnt Bucky, so let's try it against the WOLVERINE. Shota against Detroit don't count, that is too easy (imho).

here are a few to start:

1) Glen Rice beating us.
2) Chris Webber beating us.
3) Bill Frieder.
4) Tim McCormick.
5) The better engineering school in Michigan is in East Lansing.
6) The better geology school in Michigan is in Kalamazoo.
7) The better beer is on the Upper Peninsula.

see what you folks can come up with!

The most beatiful woman in Michigan came from Iowa. ISHHHH!!!

The frickin terrible loss we suffered to them at the Dome a few years ago, in football that is. That's all I can think of at the moment.

My list includes things in Michigan, people who were born in Michigan, and people who attended Michigan.

1) Mackinac Island
2) Having two pieces make one state
3) Madonna
4) Ted Nugent
5) The idea of being a "Michigan Man"
6) The hideous girls that attend Michigan
7) Kid Rock
8) Thinking their prep hockey is even in the same universe as Minnesota's
9) Tom Brady
10) General Custer
11) The smiling moose on the state flag
12) Having the robin be your state bird - could it be any more generic?

Q: How many Michigan students does it take to change a light bulb?

A: Unclear. It takes two to change the bulbs, and then several dozen to pat them on the back and tell them they did it as well as any Ivy leaguer would have.

Why does everyone from Michigan use their hand to show you where they live?

That reminds me - that stupid thumb!

That "geographic feature" north of Flint and Port Huron. I never could draw that thing correctly when we had to draw states in class in school.

Maurice Taylor, who was a generally arrogant, selfish player. He ripped into our Gophs in 97 after a loss at the Barn wondered why anyone was talking about the Gophers because "they aren't winning the Big 10 and they aren't winning on our court." Guess what happened a few weeks later? :D

To go back even further I really hated losing to Antoine Joubert, Richard Relford and Butch Wade.

Antoine Joubert

That game in 1997 never happened, correct? It still was very sweet to watch the sour expressions of the Wolverine players that day.

Antoine Joubert had a very very annoying court presence and a bad haircut. But he was the recipient of one of the better put-downs in Big Ten history. He came in as perhaps the #1 rated recruit for his year out of high school (I think it was 1982, but it might have been 1983). He was a good Big Ten guard, never great, but in those days (as now) there was quite a MSU-Wolverine rivalry, and in one memorable game, MSU's Scott Skiles, who was enjoying a phenomemal senior season, in reply to Joubert's boast that he was a better player on a better team, came out on the court, initiated the day with a quick "Show me what you got, Fat Boy!" to Joubert, and then torched him and the Wolverines with like 37 points or something like that. Unfortunately, that year he also torched the Gophers for like 42 or so.....

Their fight song. It's so self absorbed. "The Champions and the Best" really, I mean really do you think you are the best? Besides a chimp could have wrote the melody to the song. And also the lyrics too. Also playing it 500 times a football games doesn't make it any less annoying.

Their fight song. It's so self absorbed. "The Champions and the Best" really, I mean really do you think you are the best? Besides a chimp could have wrote the melody to the song. And also the lyrics too. Also playing it 500 times a football games doesn't make it any less annoying.

Isn't their fight song "The Victors?"

I'd join in, but my g/f is a Michigan grad :eek:

The fight song is called "The Victors," but mnboiler is referring to a line in the chorus. It's actually misquoted too, with two lines blending into one.

There's a line that goes "The Leaders and the Best!"

There's also a line that goes, "The Champions of the West!"

My most hated line is "Hail! to the conqu'ring heroes." I'm mean honestly, this isn't a crusade against evil.

That coaching "titans" Brian Ellerbee or Tommy Amaker won't be on the sidelines Saturday. It's easy for me to despise Michigan, but I really do like John Beilein as a coach and a classy guy.

SS: you stated:

"I really do like John Beilein as a coach and a classy guy. "

So do I, but, still, let's kick his butt come Saturday, agree?????

Ha! Thanks Anderson.

I hadn't heard that one about Skiles, though I'm not surprised. He never struck me as a player you would want to get riled up.

I actually kind of like Michy. Not enough to root for them on Saturday though. I've always been treated well there. And, until recently they were the only team you could count on to give the football Buckeyes a game and possibly a loss. Those days are gone now.

That said, in the spirit of the thread ~

1. Any state that produces Michael Moore, Bill Ayers and Ann Coulter is just asking for it.
2. Illegal occupation of Isle Royal, MN.
3. $18 billion dollars (at minimum) waste of your money to try once again to fix the unfixable formally Big 3.
4. Inflicted the Pontiac Aztec on an unprepared world.
5. Locals will tell you that the culinary highlight of a trip to Detroit is the Coney Dog, which is a cold hotdog in a limp bun, covered with canned chili from Del Monte (see Michael Moore above). I completely do not get it.

Top Bottom